Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2001 2:57:44 PM EDT
One of my local dealers has a used ELCAN scope that fits on a flat top.  I would like the scope for my 6731.  The scope optices were perfect, but the rubber was rough.  The scope had been used, but like I said the optics were perfect.  I wanted to trade a 44 mag scope in on this scope.  He wanted $250 and my scope in on trade.  How would you compare this scope to an ACOG.  If looked like a very well made scope. Any opinions?
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know much about the Elcan, but I have had an ACOG on my Colt for the last 4 years and love it. Not cheap but worth every penny. I can hit a 2 liter soda bottle filled with colored water from a bench with reloads at 300 yards everytime.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 4:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I'd grab it if the glass isn't scratched. Simmons scopes are a dime a dozen, not many Elcans around at that price. All the mechanicals are in the base, there's not much inside to go bad.  Tough as nails, too.  Don't worry about the rubber, get some camo tape and wrap it, it'll look cool, and be a lot tougher than the Simmons.  Makes a great heads up scout rifle site.  Good Luck!

shooter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top