Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2001 3:59:06 AM EDT
I just woke up from a dream,about a "friend" who broke into my house,to steal my gunz.
ANyhow,this guy I actually did not like,but he was there for some reason,and before he left,he went into (gun room) and I could see him staring at the locations of my weapons.Now,he did some other stuff to piss me off earlier,so before he left,I JUMPED on him,and he was flat down,and I had a big ass K-BAR to his neck.
I said in a BADASS low voice
"if you break into this house,I'll f-cking kill you" and some other evil stuff I don't wanna say.He broke in later.For some reason he messed up,and I was waiting for his ass,and for some reason,the FEDS were here to ARREST THE GUY at the SAME TIME!
he walks calmly past the federal agents,and they don't see him as they are walking towards me.I start yelling "NAIL THAT MOTHER F_CKER!!!"
they turn,and they SLOWLY realize it's him.Now these feds in my dream are not tactical guys,but they look like young 20 somethings in standard clothes and sidearms,like fieldagents.There was one guy on a roof across the street,but I could not see him,and he had a semi-automatic rifle os some sort.The feds are REALLY slow,and they are trying to talk to him,but he just walks a bit faster.They are so stupid,I take my AR-15 out,and attempt to nail him in the head with a round,but some fed stops me,and gets in my way saying "no,we will handle this" at that time,the badguy pushes away a fed,who falls thru a mailbox or something.At that moment,everyone hits the deck,because the fed with the semi-auto rifle on the roof starts BLASTING AWAY,doing quick shooting,and I can't see him,but I can actually see casings falling from the roof/tree thing he is in.He peppers the place,but fails to hit the badguy,who through the whole dream is able to calmly walk away from the feds.I get PISSED,and take it into my own hands,and I prime my AR-15,and aim for his head
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 4:03:36 AM EDT
[#1]
CONTINUED

and I take a shot.The gun does not fire,but the hammer drops.I clear it,and load another one.It does not fire again.I am getting pissed,and I pull the trigger again and again.THe hammer dropped multiple times without chargins or firing.At that moment,unlike ANY other dream I have had,I said "this dream is f-cking stupid,that would never happen" at that moment,some feds turned to look at me,then I woke up.First time ever that my knowledge in firarms woke me up from a stupid dream.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:31:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Its funny, I have weird dreams too. And whenever they involve guns, it is strange that I always have a problem. Either the gun doesn't fire, I have absolutely no ammunition, or I have ammo, but my magazines are empty and I cant get the ammo into them, the gun does fire, but does nothing to the bad guy, or it jams so bad, I can't even fit a round in the chamber. And sometimes I have no gun, or can't get to it. Once had a dream where my gun was missing parts. Weird huh? Basically it all comes down to guns being useless in my dream world. I'm sure some of you have had similar dreams.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:56:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#4]
FREAK!!!!!!

To be truthful I always have dreams similar where I can't fight back, run, or pull the damn trigger.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Dr. Ranger says lay off the soda and Ho-Ho's before you go to bed. Just joking...
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Do you have plans to post all your future dreams here? If so perhaps we could get a "Dream" Forum going.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#7]
The dream of being out of ammo or a gun not firing is a reference to your fear of impotence. Also it means you have a really small 'member'. That your significant other doesn't really love you. That your dog laughs at you behind your back. That squirrels secretly plot to take over your household. That there really is a shortage of .223 and 9mm ammo like your dealer says.

Or it's just weird dream.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
CONTINUED

and I take a shot.The gun does not fire,but the hammer drops.I clear it,and load another one.It does not fire again.I am getting pissed,and I pull the trigger again and again.THe hammer dropped multiple times without chargins or firing.At that moment,unlike ANY other dream I have had,I said "this dream is f-cking stupid,that would never happen" at that moment,some feds turned to look at me,then I woke up.First time ever that my knowledge in firarms woke me up from a stupid dream.
View Quote

Funny.... In all my dreams, my guns operate the same way. Drop the hammer, nothing.

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#9]
The dream of being out of ammo or a gun not firing is a reference to your fear of impotence. Also it means you have a really small 'member'. That your significant other doesn't really love you. That your dog laughs at you behind your back. That squirrels secretly plot to take over your household. That there really is a shortage of .223 and 9mm ammo like your dealer says.

Or it's just weird dream.

ROTFLMAO

Man, can't ya just feel the love and compassion.

[newbie]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 10:15:14 AM EDT
[#10]
That's really weird, I always have dreams where the gun won't fire or the trigger won't move.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#11]
A gun blooper in a dream actually woke you up!  You are definitely a gun nut!
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Jadams:  The most common backfire in my dreams is the one where the trigger seems like it needs 800 lbs. of pressure, and every time you try to pull it, you can't.  Had that one once of twice.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I thought it was just me!!!!

I always have access to a gun in the dreams that require one.  The damn thing will never work.  Sometimes the trigger is real damn hard to pull and then when the gun does fire, it goes off like an airsoft gun.  Or I can't find ammo, the ammo won't go in the mags, the gun simply won't fire, etc.  Strange the way that happens.  It pisses me off.  It's like a bad action movie where the gun jams and the guy's gotta get away with no gun.  I really can't think of any dream where the gun functioned properly.  I always end up just running away or using stupid stuff to defeat the enemy.  

I always seem to know when I'm dreaming and can wake up from it easily.  You just have to find the subtle differences that set it apart from reality.  Like random out of place things, things having different meanings, the fact that your not wearing any pants, strange colors, etc.  I've had some doozies.  Had one shortly after RoboCop 2 came out that was the most realistic I've ever had.  The robot thing with the cool guns was after me.  I hid from it and it killed everyone else.  As soon as I moved it turned around and started firing....that's when I woke up.  Had one about Predator also.  Guns wouldn't work in it either.  It's just like the sex dreams, it never ends up like you want it to.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Yous guys are just givin the govment the extra proof it needs to lock us all up in the looney bin.

but seriously, I would be interested to hear the official explanation for these types of dreams.   Perhaps, just the fear of being unprepared or not in control?

Any shrinks aboard?          
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Funny in my dreams I walk past my gun safe and silently execute people with a Katana so as not to alert the other "operators."
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn it  NOMAD.

YOU had to tell all that I was in your dream last night...
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:44:22 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Funny in my dreams I walk past my gun safe and silently execute people with a Katana so as not to alert the other "operators."
View Quote

Yeah, always has to be one showoff in the group!!!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:45:13 AM EDT
[#18]
I'd rather be having dreams of naked womenz.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:46:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I, too, had a weird gun dream last night.

I was out in a field playing, essentially, paintball with a couple of my buddies. I am standing on the side of a slight hill in about knee high prairie grass with scattered small trees downhill from me. One opponent was at my 10 o'clock and the other at about 1 o'clock.

The one on the right runs over to the other and I start shooting. With my AR! I must have had a Hollyweird mag, 'cause I was putting down some heavy fire and not hitting the guy running.

So when they get together I switch to the other guy and couldn't hit him either. So I switched back as the first guy is the greater threat.

Anyways, he takes off running to the right. I'm still shooting and still can't hit him. He gets about 10' in front of me and I stop to watch his partner throw a water balloon in a Hail Mary pass. Up and overhead it travels. My friend catches it and throws it at me. He hits me. I'm out of the game now.

Never mind it was water balloons against AR's.

Then I start to wake up. I hear bang, bang, bang, bangbangbang, bang. I'm very disorientated, I was in a very deep sleep.

More bang, bang, bangbangbang, bang, bang. I get up and look out the window. I don't know what I'm looking for, but those are pistol shots.

I see a couple of my neighbors sitting outside. They are completely uninterested in the pistol shots.

It must have been them throwing firecrackers in a coffee can or something, it had that type of sound to it. And the cops never did show up.

I wonder if the shooting in my dream was whatever was going off outside.

Weird.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#20]
speaking of hearing things in your dreams,one time I had a dream I was driving a racecar or something,and "danger-zone" was playing,and it was very accurate,and clear sounding,unlike the usual unclear gibberish you hear in dreams.I woke up,and my alarm had gone off a bit before,and it just finished "dangerzone"
Speaking of trigger-pull,I forgot to mention in my dream,the trigger would not move,and I had to use two hands to fire it....
Why is it,like 70% of dreams are not "friendly" to the dreamer? I mean,our brains should make up "awesome,cool,erotic,superstar,I'm flying around" dreams.I remember one dream was so bad a few years ago,I purposely jumped off a cliff,and it felt just like I was falling.I actually was laughing out loud while falling.Bet the dream designers did'nt think my reaction would be like that.
"WHAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:20:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#22]
I have an explanation for why you can't pull the trigger in dreams, don't know about the rest of the gun failures, but they could be related.

When I was in Psychology class our professor explained the phenomenon in dreams where you have a failure to move, act, etc.  This manifests itself in several ways; sometimes you run away from something and can't move, or can't move fast enough.  Other times you can't punch someone, pull trigger etc.

The reason this happens in dreams (as per my professor) is that your body is in a physically paralyzed state during dreaming.  This is a protection mechanism.  It keeps you from hurting yourself while having F#%&'d up dreams.  Your brain registers this state of motion loss and creates scenarios around this paralysis and thus your problem pulling trigger, running, jumping, screaming, punching, etc.

Sounded kind of hokey at the time, but as the years have progressed, makes more sense to me all the time.

Just my professors $.02

Steven Lehning
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Same here... Every dream where I am armed, but in mortal danger, the gun jams, or isn't loaded... But I don't buy the paralysis theory... When I was 12 or 13, I punched an electrical outlet that was right next to my bed, 'cause I was dreaming of being attacked by multiple bullys from middle school... (A very common real-life situation... may they all die screaming for a priest!)... got a little shock, but the real pain was from the slice in my hand from the plasitic shard.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 1:32:01 PM EDT
[#24]
GreenTalon,that sounds right.I feel sorry for those people on talk shows,in which they have no control of what they do while sleeping,including eating soap,punching loved ones,and eating the family pet,and waking up outside.So,everyone remember this,next time you gotta "take out" somebody in a dream,try to make them implode using your "Professor X" mental powers.You won't have to lift an arm to do it.Or,you can do what I have done in past dreams; just fly away.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 2:01:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I just hate those dreams where you're with a fine girl. Right before you are about to lay her, you wake up. I hate that soooooooooooo much. Its just like a dick tease. Grrrrrrrr.
I also have dreams where either something (monster, bad person, whoever) is chasing me and I can't seem to run very fast. They always catch me. I also had this dream (happened only once) where I died. I got shot in the chest by someone. Then I remember thinking about how its true in the movies when they say you can't feel anything. Then I woke up thinking I really was dead. It was really weird.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#26]
last night i had *the* dream again. i was walking down the street following these two goregous lesbian midgets. they were so hot, especially for midgets, i couldnt believe my eyes... and i just have to keep following them. it ends the same way every time, i sense that the want some, and when they finally notice me, i wake up. damn. i wanna get inside a couple o' little 'uns.
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#27]
beesnees, i am working on an answer about your dreams for you. this one is gonna be tough.
willy (aka the reincarnation of sigmund freud}
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#28]
I have the perfect explanation as to why your guns won't fire in your dreams...

You removed your tinfoil hats at bedtime, and the government is disabling your weaponry via dream interface satellite...

In my dreams, they attack the engine in my racecar, and it never has any power when I try to do burn-outs...The Nitrous won't even work...Sometimes, they even steal my car from me, 'cause I sometimes can't find it...

I've noticed much better performance since I started sleeping with my tinfoil hat on... [peep]

(Not to be confused with the latex "hat")[sex]

Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:34:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
beesnees, i am working on an answer about your dreams for you. this one is gonna be tough.
willy (aka the reincarnation of sigmund freud}
View Quote

this better be good!

miss Cleo hung up on me... i feel so rejected.[:(]
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#30]
My *dream* for years has been of a catastrophic airliner crash........always on my parents farm.......always body parts everywhere and I am able to watch the entire process unfold.

Occasionally, I am closer to the crash than at other times.  I also go through the wreckage afterwards to search for survivors......................no kidding and not even funny here.

That dream always.....always makes me wake up in a cold sweat.

I have never been able to explain why this occurs over and over again...................until now maybe.

Spooky!
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 6:57:32 PM EDT
[#31]
[B]UNLIKE [/B]the rest of you.  I CAN shoot my guns in my dreams but the person I am shooting takes too many rounds to put down.  I have to shoot the person like 10-20 times in the heart to kill them. My trigger always works too, what happends to me is that because I have to shoot so many times my finger falls off of the trigger and I have to change fingers because one gets tired.  I have had that dream too many times.

When it comes to dreams with HOT woman in them....  Well I only have them in the morning, and just as I get close to the deed I wake up...
For years I couldn't even get laid in my dreams...

So what does those dreams mean Dr.GreenTalon???

I can also fly....

BISHOP
Link Posted: 9/24/2001 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I can also fly....

BISHOP
View Quote

Really?......................me too..................with ease at that!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top