Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2001 9:15:10 PM EDT
So I'm sitting here watching PI and the first thing that Maher did was to apoligize for the other night. Then he said thanks to the network for broadcasting the show with no sponsors.

Well so far they've had Trojans, Gator Grip, Classical Hits CD, Earth Share, National Heart, Lung & Blood Institute, Kaiser Family Foundation, and various commercials for TV shows of the network.

So no major sponsors though. And I must say that Maher has difinitely got his tail between his legs. He hasn't insulted anyone for the entire show. No confrontations and no attitude. What a change. He'll be back to normal all too soon but it sure is nice to see him in the emasculated mode... for now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I just saw PI and I saw him on Jay Leno.  He said the same thing in both shows verbatim.  He was reading his apology off a card.  Insincere as always. The only reason he did this is what he really cares about, $.  I bet the sponsors and the network put the screws to him. He apologized to save his career.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#2]
i never understood that guy.  wasnt he a comedian or something?  god help us, now hes analyzing politics and policies?
i dont take anything he says seriously and neither should anyone else, hes just a big bottle of vinegar and water.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:36:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Please pardon my comments if they seem out of line:

This is an ugly man who wears bad clown make-up and insults many people who have the misfortune of sharing a stage with him. His mouth always gets his ass in trouble and he has little skill in repairing the damage. He doesn't know what a libertarian is but calls himself one because he thinks he is better than democrats, republicans, and even the now popular independents. This is the reason he is "Politically Incorrect" and it is weak! What a jerk!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
No offense people, but I think he looks like a fag!
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Uncle Ted always puts him in his place!  

Link Posted: 9/21/2001 10:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I  have heard that Sears took all their commercials off his show...even after he "apologized"

Good job Sears.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 2:03:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 2:11:03 AM EDT
[#8]
[img]wsphotofews.excite.com/037/oJ/GT/IV/Or94522.jpg[/img]

[url]soli.inav.net/~penfold/andy/koth/lewdness.wav[/url]
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 5:16:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I'd have taken Bill Hicks over Mahr any day.  Hicks at least had something relevant to say.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 6:26:24 AM EDT
[#10]
He's a comedian who thinks that he can say whatever he wants just to get ratings. Well it almost got him kicked off the air.

"Way to go Bill. You just proved that almost everybody in this country is together on this situation and you got your ass kicked doing it. Congrats"

Maybe he won't be quite so arrogant for a few shows now. I know he wasn't last night :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top