Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2001 1:59:51 PM EDT
Anybody been listening to Dr. Laura lately? Tune in. She could replace Heston.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#1]
The local AM station that carries her has been doing their own thing until Rush is on.  I'd really like to get back to hearing her.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 2:28:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know about "progun" but man, she sure is everthing else.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 2:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
She's a conservative, pro-personal responsibility and not anti-gun.  On more than one occasion she's come out pro-gun in her advice, but she's never stated her stance on it explicitly.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I like that lady.  She cuts sniveling whiners no slack.  Personal responsibility is what she's all about.  She's also the only female air personality who's not a male-basher.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know what her gun-rights views are, but she is a whack job.

Not a medical doctor - she has a PhD in physiology (how the body works).

Has not spoke to her mother or sister in years - boy, she really knows a lot about healthy relationships.

Tried to put a surfshop out of business because she didn't like what the guys in the skate-mag her son bought had to say. Use of the bully-pulpit.

And a bunch of other weird stuff. I will admit to finding her show somewhat amusing when i am subjected to it. i think most of her callers are sheeple who need discipline and enjoy being yelled at for their mistakes. sometimes she gives good advice, but even a broken watch is right twice a day.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 3:03:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I like that lady.  She cuts sniveling whiners no slack.  Personal responsibility is what she's all about.  She's also the only female air personality who's not a male-basher.
View Quote

ditto.  i've found my views on many a thing have changed from listening to her and thinking about what she had to say.  i don't agree with her on everything, but if more  Americans followed her advice, we wouldn't be where we are today because parents would actually be raising their children instead of having them to increase their tax exemptions.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#8]
She is pro self defense and I have heard her be very pro gun.  She may not be perfect, but she tells it like it is.  It breaks my heart that she doesn't agree with a few CA surfshop boys.  I can live with that.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Dr. Laura used to be vocally anti-gun.  A couple of years ago she changed her mind and became pro-gun, and announced it on the air.  I think it had something to do with domestic-violence problems and women needing to defend themselves.

A Google newsgroups search might turn it up;  it was commented upon in rec.guns.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't stand her, but I quote her all the time.  I like the message, but sometimes the messenger is .......
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:06:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually she changed her position when that nut job shot up the jewish day-care center.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Has not spoke to her mother or sister in years - boy, she really knows a lot about healthy relationships.
View Quote

Sometimes being in a healthy relationship means staying away from sick people...think about it.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#13]
I think she's got a great voice for pillow talk.
Hypnotic.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Sometimes being in a healthy relationship means staying away from sick people...think about it.

sgtar15
View Quote

I agree with this one - I know two individuals who would drive me crazy if I had anything to do with them.  Fortunately, they are not family.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I like what she has to say, but I consider her a hypocrite:

She stresses family unity and honoring your parents... But she has not had contact with her mother and sister in years.

She is a converted Jew, and does not believe in interfaith marriage, yet she is married to a gentile.

In her early radio days (1970's), Bill Ballance, then a radio Super Star, was her mentor and lover. About 5 years ago, Vanity Fair had an article about her, Bill, the gentleman that he is stated that Laura was a sharp, talented and very, very wonderful lady.  Laura said of Bill, He taught me nothing and he had no influence in my career, whatsoever. Bill later sold pictures of Laura in nude and very compromising positions (she was hot looking,in those days)  He also stated that she was a nympho. and Knew, many..many men. Laura responded by saying the pictures were not of her, and fakes.  Then in her lawsuit she stated that the pictures were her property, and thus stolen...Go figure  

Laura condemns pre-marital sex and birth control for the unmarried.  Yet she had her share of affairs and had her tubes tied while in her 20's (later reversed at age 40)

Laura claims her son is perfect (of course he has the perfect mother)  Yet the little creep burned her house down.

Laura says mothers should not work.  Yet she has become famous, working after her son was born.

Laura says we should be respectful.  Yet when a Dallas Tex. Jewish women's group invited her to speak, she had a fit complaining about the deplorable hotel accommodations and demanded to be housed in a $1000 a night luxury hotel. When word got out about her tirade, she threatened to sue the women's group.

Yes Dr. Laura is a wonderful person.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I am my mom's kid.

Now go take on the day.
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#17]
RayVet,
I agree completely.

Her hypocrisy is too much for me to handle.

Luckily she's been off the air in this market since right after the bombing.
Not exactly sure why, buy I'm not shedding any tears over her absence.

Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:33:51 PM EDT
[#18]
patriot? how so?  why does being conservative make you a patriot?
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am my mom's kid.

Now go take on the day.
View Quote

or,

I'm a Bastard, so, take off!, Hoser!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top