Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 8:59:22 PM EDT
off from my job.  I'm mid-level management at a Fortune fucking 49 company that's going down the tubes. . . Ingram Micro in Orange Fucking County.

My boss was good enough to give me a heads up.  They're supposed to happen on October 4th.

So, since I'm new at losing my job, anyone have any suggestions on what to do and what to tell my wife and two girls?

Anyone want to open some sort of a firearms/shooting/guns related business with me ? Lord Trader - how about you - come back to Kali and let's do something.    I'm the marketing guy, you're the CFO, now we just need sales and operations.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:02:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Start networking NOW.  Call a headhunter and tell him you are available.  Don't wait until you actually get laid off before you start looking--then you will be competing with thousands of other people who get laid off also.

Good luck!!

AFARR
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
My advice:  be blunt.  Last week I walked up to this nice looking cashier on swing shift and started to talk to her.  She couldnt understand much of what I said, as she was from one of those islands in the pacific but when I told her we're gonna fuck like rabbits her eyes lit up and she said "when?". works like a charm.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
ESP, seriously, try [url]http://www.spectrumastro.com/SAIHome1_A.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Start networking NOW.  Call a headhunter and tell him you are available.  Don't wait until you actually get laid off before you start looking--then you will be competing with thousands of other people who get laid off also.

Good luck!!

AFARR
View Quote

Good idea. You don't want to be in line behind all the Boeing guys.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:51:32 PM EDT
[#5]
JoJo, I think you missed the point of the topic.
And another thing.....what have I told you in the past about fucking furry woodland creatures?!?!?!
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 5:14:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Ingram Micro in Orange County. Which building? the one behind Century High School tennis courts, or the one in front of the Cowgirl restaurant on Grand? ;)
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 7:00:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Good grief ESP, mellow out!  It's not like it was 20 years ago, okay.  The unemployment rate is virtually zero (below first recordkeeping levels) and jobs are a dime-a-dozen.  The "big layoffs" going on now are nothing.  The challenge is are you still as useful to companies, or have your skills fallen to the point where you will take a major hit in your lifestyle?  Now get out there and hump!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top