Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 6:59:22 PM EDT
Lads,

As of tonight my Unit deploys on 'Ex' for a little while. I look forward to getting back on the site in within a few weeks or so.

But between now and then, things everywhere are most likely to change, as the SHTF, so those ARNG and Reserve members on the site who are gonna get called up, please stay safe, do your jobs, and where ever you are and where ever you go, may God bless you.

I wish you nothing but a speedy victory, and remember, the whole world is watching.

For the regular members, the same goes for you too.

1feral1
RAEME(Royal Australian Electrical and Mechanical Engineers)

Good Luck to you all

Arte et Marte
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:02:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#2]
"Give 'em hell!" good luck and do us proud.[0j]Subvertz
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Best wishes, "see" you soon.  Be careful.  God bless America, and her friends abroad.
View Quote

Yeah, what he said. [:)] Wish you the best.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:07:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Watch your back!! See ya soon[:D]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:21:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Good luck and Godspeed.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:23:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Coooeeee!

We have answered the call.

Please remember, Australia will always be eternally greatful for your assistance to us, in the fight against Japan. Without you we were sure to be invaded in the north. So, over 55 yrs on, you are asking for a little help.

Our government has promised military forces for the cause as required. Our Defence Force is not big, but we have earned the reputation from the Turks, Germans, Japs, VC, and NVA, plus others such as the TNI and Boganvillians, of not only being truly a tenacious, determined force, but aprofessional, and dedicated Army.

From the Crimea to Long Tan, and from The Nek to Kakoda and from places like Passchendeale, even to the recent Somalia and East Timor, we have answered the call, and we will be there for this one too.

Fuck, I am rambling! But I am sure you get my drift. It is so pleasant to see your country come together in such a most trying time.

Sure we may have our larikanisms, and our way of even making something bad look good, but as the sons and grandsons of ANZAC, we still carry the torch, and in time will hand that torch on to the next generation of young Australians.

I am Australian, but born in Canada. My grandmothers on both side were born in Saginaw, Michigan and in a small place called Ardoc, North Dakota.

I know I have cousins and second cousins I have never met, but whoever they are, and where ever they live in America, I am sure they back the USA 100% I think I even grew a few cm's watching that speech. It was wonderful. I am glad I was there to watch history in the making!

Gotta go!
1feral1
Sydney
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:37:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Fuck, I am rambling! But I am sure you get my drift. It is so pleasant to see your country come together in such a most trying time.
View Quote

Your are not rambling.  I am interested in reading your thoughts.  Stay safe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top