Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2001 6:14:42 PM EDT
Which do you prefer? Why? I think the Canadians got it right with the C7 The simple set and forget A1 stlye rear sight, new stronger furniture, A2 barrel and FULL AUTO
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:17:59 PM EDT
I like the newer furniture but wouldn't want to carry the new barrel as far as the original, I wouldn't trade the extra weight for any alleged advantage in handling characteristics. How about an M16 with no F/A, 1/12 light barrel, round handguards and longer stronger stock? And give me that 1/12 twist and 55 grain ammo, dammit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:26:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Chairborne_Ranger: I like the newer furniture but wouldn't want to carry the new barrel as far as the original, I wouldn't trade the extra weight for any alleged advantage in handling characteristics. How about an M16 with no F/A, 1/12 light barrel, round handguards and longer stronger stock? And give me that 1/12 twist and 55 grain ammo, dammit.
View Quote
That sounds like my old SP-1, I put the new A2 plastic on it. It makes a nice lightwieght rifle. The A2 barrel is skinny under the handguards, just like the A1, not much heavier.
Top Top