Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 5:41:23 PM EDT
On the drive home, a local talk radio (KFI 640AM, John & Ken Show) had a local muslim doctor on.  The doctor was upset because he was interrogated by FBI because of his association with several muslim organizations (he's born in the US, BTW).  A lady called, and related her experience that one time she took her daughter to a hospital because the girl burned herself with a curling iron, and the hospital staff called children protective services.  The woman was interrogated for several hours, and she was quite upset and frustrated, then afterward she realize that this is a way to get child abusers to confess, and if a child can be saved (!!), then it's all fine and dandy.  Then she went on to tell the doctor "you should take off your muslim hat and put on your American hat".  I turned off my radio in disgust immediately.

Earlier this week similar argument was made regarding Japanese-American interned during WW II (if one spy was put away....) I thought being an American means you don't have to put up with this steaming pile of bovine excrement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top