Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2001 5:01:46 PM EDT
I hear in NYC, people are finding the addresses ot the missing people and looting their empty homes. How low is that? The NYPD should assign a patrolman to each address and shoot any thieves that show up..
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Hasnt been on the news tonight, and I have had FNC on since 3:00
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:44:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been in the "City" every day since the collapse. Where did you here this B.S.? sounds like the same ignorant bs that comes out from the ignorant amongst US that do not live in or near the only "mega" city in America,,hell NYC is not even close to being in the top ten when it comes to crime.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:46:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got one better (one lower that is):

People here have been stealing American Flags!!!

How low is that?!  They are impossible to purchase right now so folks have resorted to simply stealing the flags from others' homes, bridges, city property, etc.

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#5]
What did you expect?  It's still New York City after all.  The armpit of the universe in many ways.  All the people are disarmed as well.  It's the makings of a disaster movie.  Oh wait, it's really happening!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:55:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How low is that?!  They are impossible to purchase right now so folks have resorted to simply stealing the flags from others' homes, bridges, city property, etc.
View Quote

Yesterday in a local neighborhood, a family had an heirloom flag hanging outside(stupid). It was an old 48 star flag that measured 12'X 15' and had once flown over the White House. Someone stole it. Very sad.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:01:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I was listening to the radio this morning when a woman called in complaining that she had multiple flags stolen from in front of her house.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:02:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Yesterday in a local neighborhood, a family had an heirloom flag hanging outside(stupid). It was an old 48 star flag that measured 12'X 15' and had once flown over the White House. Someone stole it. Very sad.
View Quote

That is very sad...I understand why most people steal: typically (but not always) for wealth.

But stealing American Flags to show that you are a patriot...that is just UN-American.  Very ironic.

Heck...just print one off on your printer & tape it on your windows...better than stealing Old Glory!  

A few decades ago, no one would have even thought of doing such a thing, but those were different times & America was innocent then...at least in my eyes.

Truly sad...I am very sorry for that family.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:05:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was listening to the radio this morning when a woman called in complaining that she had multiple flags stolen from in front of her house.
View Quote

GA, OH, TX...I guess its happening everywhere.

Sad that people don't realize how unAmerican that is....not to mention...illegal!

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:18:33 PM EDT
[#10]
the stories about looting victims homes was reported last nite on Fox's Hannity and Colmes. They were doing a story on all the 'bad stories' you aren't hearing. The cons, the scams, there is some weird and sick stuff going on including identity theft of the victims, and looting some of their empty apartments.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Stealing American Flags is a little like stealing Bibles, no matter why you did it, you are an enemy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top