Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/20/2001 1:06:03 PM EDT
After a year of waiting, Advanced Technology finally got their top folder developed and on the market. They started making it out of steel like the older Rem. top folder, but had trouble with it marking the receiver. I was quit disappointed when I opened the box and saw the plastic folder. I put it on (took a full 60 seconds to install) but I'm finding that I like this stock a lot. It's a tad bulkier than I would like, but I not sure if now I would want a metal one or not. This stock is strong, doesn't flex or twist. Opens and closes easy. And light, really light.Well worth the $70. One thing. I called the BATF and asked them about putting it on my gun and all he said was that it was all right with them as long as it had a barrel that was a certain length, and over all length was a certain length. What do you think, was I being scammed.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:35:30 PM EDT
You were not being scammed. I have one on my 500a and love it too. Very high quality for something made out of high strength plastic. BTW I paid $60 for mine new at a gunshow but $70 seems to be a full retail at the moment. I'm sure the price will come down in a few months.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:16:10 PM EDT
I'm waiting for the Knoxx systems.. www.knoxx.com I think it is. Nice stuff.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:16:04 PM EDT
Like thumbhole said, you're okay. Pump shotguns are obviously not covered under the Semiautomatic Assault Weapon ban of '94.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:19:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Bulldawg: Like thumbhole said, you're okay. Pump shotguns are obviously not covered under the Semiautomatic Assault Weapon ban of '94.
View Quote
probably also worried about making an AOW by making the overall length less than 26". Pumps ARE good to go with folding stocks, though. Juggernaut
Top Top