Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2001 9:37:28 PM EDT
...here he is again for all to hear, just in case you forgot to hate him.

[url]http://64.62.54.43/adult_cdn/01048ABAAMgAAABMDD21oMvN_jBpYVzBCa8czaCPyHlWug7gZDZU6Irn7X7bEuehe1hOvXe2kc33t/cj_6155.mp3[/url]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:43:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I expect just this sort of thing from him, I have ALWAYS hated this hypocrite.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:48:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Whats wrong with speaking out against Queers and baby killers?  
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Whats wrong with speaking out against Queers and baby killers?  
View Quote

Nothing at all. But when you get called on it, don't try to straddle the fence and say you were taken "out of context".  If you say something, at least be man enough to back it up, or don't say it in the first place!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok I will go along with that part of it.  But atleast he had the balls to say it..[soapbox]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I think the main objection to Falwell was he also said "The terrorists were instruments of God who punished this country for allowing fags, etc."
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 10:31:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Falwell is a jerk and I don't care for him, BUT if he had simply said, that we as a nation had turned our backs to God, and God had done likewise - I wouldn't disagree. Prior to the attack most of us were bashing the state of the nation and the liberals that put it there. Has that changed?    
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#8]
I think he was
hoping to kick-
start another
Great Awakening.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Actually, I agree with pretty much everything Falwell said on a THEOLOGICAL basis.

His problem was that he injected politics into the discussion by naming specific political organizations.

NOW, even NAMBLA are NOT the problem. SIN is the problem, and sin has repercussions and consequences.

Lastly, i find it a bit presumptuous for him to claim God specifically did this for the reasons Falwell enumerated.

Here's what is clear from Scripture -

1. God does allow "heathens" to perform certain sinful action (ala killing over 5,000 in teh WTC) in order to plead with people to return to Him. The OT is replete with exanples.

2. America has in broad-scale fashion violated God's commands.

3. God has clearly indicated that sin has its OWN repercussions. God doesn't specifically have to punish anyone by a deliberate act of His . Sin is a "force" which creates its own repercussions.

Allow me to elucidate. Say you go out and get drunk. Then you drive, and get into a car wreck, and get paralyzed. Did God step in and SPECIFICALLY punish you? NO. Sin has its OWN "rewards." IF, and that is a HUGE "if" this event had anything to do with punishment, I find it a bit presumptuous to say God directly intervened.

4. God is IMMENSELY merciful to EVEN people who kill Christians for kicks. (Paul the APostle) God is waiting with open arms to receive the sinner into His kingdom, thru His son Jesus Christ.

5. Repentance for sin MUST begin with Christians. While we are "saved" we STILL must repent from our sins. II Chron 7:14 shows there is national benefit to Christians repenting before God.

the questions is "Will you and I hear and obey God's call?"

Anything much beyond this is going where angels fear to go. And Falwell took a flying leap.

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 1:04:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Grandman[soapbox].....[rolleyes]so GOD  #1 let these "heathens" crash into the WTC to wake our asses up to return to him.? [rolleyes] X 1 gazillion.....lord please take me this guys toooooooo MUCH![whacko]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 1:22:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Grandman[soapbox].....[rolleyes]so GOD  #1 let these "heathens" crash into the WTC to wake our asses up to return to him.? [rolleyes] X 1 gazillion.....lord please take me this guys toooooooo MUCH![whacko]
View Quote

God used Pharoah to ultimately free the children of Israel from Egypt.

God used the killing of Christians to chase His children out of Jerusalem so that the gospel would be spread over the entire world.

God used the Jews and the Romans to crucify Christ to make salvation possible.

God used David's sexual sin with Baathsheba to pro-create the wisest king the world has ever known.

After all, He IS God - He can do wahtever He wants, without our approval.

God is in the business of making good come of bad. You might say it is His specialty.

What the terrorists did is the ultimate illustration of sin. Now, while THEIR sin has FAR greater implications for THIS life, it has NO greater implication for eternity. My little white lie has JUST as much power to send me to Hell, as what these terrorists did (but for God's salvation thru Christ in my life.). God cannot tolerate ANY sin in His presence in Heaven. Hey - that is what God says in His Bible

When we see the sinfulness of these terrorists, we are reminded HOW INCREDIBLY BAD [size=4]ANY[/size=4] sin is. Mostly becasue that, BUT for the grace of God, I am capable of comitting a sin JUST as big as these terrorists. And we also see how incredibly merciful God is to offer us salation from sin and judgment thru Christ Jesus.

God has the RIGHT to judge us ALL right now. But He doesn't. He PLEADS that we come to Him. Even thru the horrific actions of these sinful terrorists. But He will not plead forever.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 1:31:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Bolt-

Let me say it in a more concise way.

When you consider that God hates sin, can you see how amazing and merciful God MUST be, when he uses even others mens CHOICES to sin to call us ALL (even Christians) to repentance and forgiveness from Him???

I serve an AWESOME God.

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 1:49:16 PM EDT
[#13]
There is no sin found in God or can come from him.  Allowed by God is the answer.  God protects his own, but if we keep rejecting him his protection may not be there.  God never leaves us we leave him.  So yes God may have not prevented what happened but he did not do it.  We are ALL accountable for our own actions...
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I hate to get into a pissing contest with you fellows but Falwell Is to the Religious right what Al Sharpton is to the civil rights movement
Falwell hurts it more than he helps it. He makes me sick. I am not judging him for his words last week. I think God will take care of that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree with Garandman on this one....
-bricklayer
Link Posted: 9/21/2001 3:56:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SPORTSMANS SUPPLY:
I hate to get into a pissing contest with you fellows but Falwell Is to the Religious right what Al Sharpton is to the civil rights movement
Falwell hurts it more than he helps it. He makes me sick. I am not judging him for his words last week. I think God will take care of that.
View Quote

Sportsman -

I agree with ya.

Falwell abdicated his God-given job of preaching the PURE gospel for a plotically-oriented Gospel.

While Falwell CLAIMS that God told him to do it, I just don't see Jesus Christ engaging in political messes like Falwell is. And with the Roman gov't, Christ had MORE than enuf oportunity.

Now we see Falwell backpeddling. Two possibilities appear -

1. What he said  was NOT of God, and he SHOULD be backpeddling.

2. What he said WAS of God, and he's wimping out.

Neither one is very good for him.

Link Posted: 9/21/2001 4:10:00 AM EDT
[#17]
In these troublous times, I am ready to forgive anyone just about anything they've said over the past several days.

Jerry Falwell is included in that list, as is that POS Bill Mahr!!! Repent and get right!

If, however, they continue to say such irresponsible things, then let it be upn their own heads!  For Falwell - 'his bishoprick let another take' ([u]Acts[/u], 1:20)!

For, Falwell, in presuming to speak for the people of God, committed the greater sin! Are there no Christians among the Arabs, Reverend?

Eric The('Reverend'IsSuchAnOverusedTerm,AndSometimes[u]Very[/u]Misleading)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top