Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2001 6:00:06 PM EDT
H.R. 218 is back at Congress. It would allow ccw in all 50 states for all active and retired LEO's. It had 172 co-sponsors the last time I checked. The last time it was before Congress an amendment was proposed to include all civilian CCW permit holders. This would supercede local and State ccw regulations if a Federal permit were obtained. It never came to a full vote. It first went to Congress around 1992 as H.R. 4897. It usually gathers many co-sponsors , but has yet to come to a full vote of the House. Usually politicians want to support LEO's but don't want the flak from the anti-gun groups if they pass a pro ccw bill. The LEAA supports the bill as well as the civilian ccw provision. Some LEO groups oppose the civilian provision, others oppose the retired LEO provision. Updates on the bill's status can be found at the LEAA site, www.leaa.org. Given recent events, now would be a good time to contact our Reps, find out their position and encourage support of the civilian carry provision.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll contact my rep first thing in the morning.  Thanks for the note.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Just wrote all my congress critters...

Bulldog Out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top