Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Body dimensions haven't changed much since the marines, I've gained about 15 pounds, but, definately not in the fighting shape I used to be...

nothing that another 13 weeks at Parris Island wouldn't fix [;)]

SgtKiwi
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
6'1"
205 lbs.
19% body fat... [:\]
...34" Waist [:)]

Working on my 1st Dan in Jun Fan, and my blue belt in Jiu-Jitsu.  I'm not in "Who can run the fastest 2 miles" shape, but I'm definately in decent hand-to-hand combat physique.

Hmm, 7 combined years of experience vs. a friggin' 3MOA AR15...

I'll take the fighting, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Hahaha, well since were posting all this crap, might as well get started.

I am 16 years old, and involved in a few sports...

70+ pushups per minute
60 situps per minute
35 pullups before having to stop
2 mile in the 11's
Maybe 5-6% body fat
Weight- 140
Height 5'10"
Bench press, did 170 the other day a couple of times (not bad for a 140 pound guy)
Squat...hell I dont know, but I did 330 on the leg press if that helps
29 inch waist

Yeah, I know, Im a lightweight, but I CAN hold my own.

That and I have a fairly good shot and am "terrorist blood thirsty" right now.

I feel bad for my cousins.  They all are anti-gun, and do not want to fight.  Too bad the youngest one of the bunch is the only one who supports the 2nd ammendmant, and wants to fight for his country.  Sure I'm scared, and I would be if I had to fight, but I'd go, and I'd enjoy it (as much as humanly possible)

The Marines visited my school the other day, I spent 2 periods (my two opens) talking with them about the M16A2 and the Beretta M9, and some military tactics in places like afganistan.  He then asked me if there was any way he could get me in a uniform...lol.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I walk around a bit between the kitchen and the living room mostly.  I do curls with the beer cans while doing it to for the extra burn.  It sucks when I can't find the remote though.  Then I got to get up just to change channels.  

I like watching them old Jane Fonda fitness videos too.  I have one of Susane Summers demonstrating the "Thigh Master".  Now that's some workout!  Yeah, I'm ready!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]
PT Monster!

OORah
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:51:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#7]
With the right rifle I can shoot 1 1/2" groups at 500 meters. I can hike to to highest peak around here in less than 1hr. That peak is 6500ft. and I'll be starting at 3500ft.
Good enough?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm 40 yrs old, overweight. But I am still very strong and I can still run! I can run 2 miles at a leisurely pace of 15 minutes. I can still run 5 miles without keeling over, run up hills, stairs..though that will get me really winded.

Can lift and toss into the air 150 lbs.

Can't weight till I lose some more fat and then really see how well I do.

My body weight is: 210. Am 6'-0"
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I just got told I cannot get the combat duty I requested because of age!

I can be a better soldier now than when I was 19,but they don't give a shit because they have their little rules to go by![:(!]

I better go to the gym in case they change their mind!
View Quote

ED,  

The military needs a few good men to fight, not flex... [rolleyes] You have to be able to get through 3 monster circuits back to back without peuking, turning white or having difficulty in breathing...  [;)]

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Not in the shape I'd like to be, but I'm working on it.  I started up again with the running, dumb-bell excercises, sit-ups, and push-ups a couple months back because I wanted to resume my search for a law enforcement job, but recent events have changed my course.

I've stepped up my routine and plan to see the recruiter shortly to see where I stand so far and to determine where I need to be.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:39:57 PM EDT
[#11]
How many steps in "flight" of stairs? [:D]

I've been worse.  I've been better (wayyyyyy better).  Now that the the enemy has actually shown a capability to hit my homeland though, I've been working out more and more.  I still need work on endurance though.  And I could lose 15lbs of flabola.

Come 'on lard-asses, strap on a 50lb pack and join me in a group jog!  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:41:13 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm at my ideal weight if I was 11 feet tall!  [:D]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:30:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Well...

5'11"
170 lbs.
31" waist.
I have been lifting weights for years (max bench press is 305 lbs), but not a lot of cardio (which I really need to do). I drink too much frickin' coffee...

Tyler
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:38:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Muad_Dib said

I'm 25, 6'3", 196.5lbs, 13.2% body fat, Blood Pressure 118/78 at 61 beats/minute.

Yesterday I ran 5 miles rough terrain in the mud in 52 minutes. I can run 2 miles in about 14-16 minutes if I try, but lately I've been sticking to longer runs.

This morning (like most)I hiked 3 miles in the rain and wind wearing boots and carrying about 20 lbs of books on my back.

What do you think?
View Quote

Well I think that being a Fremen you could do better [:P]

now were are my damn cheesy poofs
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 12:59:24 AM EDT
[#15]
O.K. why not. 6'0", 185lbs,33in waist, still run about 1 to 2 times a week during the summer about 3 to 5 miles at a time. Have'nt lifted weights in a while but can do 50 push ups without stoping (the right way, straight back, looking straight forward, chest to the floor) I think basic would do me some good though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 2:17:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Well...I was till about a year and a half ago.  That's when I injured my back (4 leaking/damaged disks).  I was 6'5" 195lbs and could easily hike/walk two miles with a pack.

Since than I swear I got shorter and theere are days when I wonder if I'll make it outa bed![>Q][>Q]

But I still have hope....I just don't remember where I put it.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:08:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#18]
YES.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 4:44:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well I think that being a Fremen you could do better [:P]
View Quote

Yeah but Arrakis is a dry heat.

[img]http://www.duna.szm.sk/images/arrakis.jpg[/img]

[%|]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 5:49:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Shape? Are you kidding? [>:/]

I need to lose about 40-50 pounds just to LOOK normal. As for running, jumping, etc., I could be taken out by a six-year-old with a popsicle stick! [>Q]

The worst part is that I know all this yet can't seem to get myself motivated to do anything about it. Pathetic. [V]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:23:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, for a 37 year old with recent knee surgery, a seperated shoulder, and buldging discs, not bad. I  can and do hang.
5-9, 170. bodyfat 12.5. 46 chest, 32 waist.
I run 2-3 miles 2-3 times a week and lift as often. Have put up 320 but that was before the seperated shoulder, now it's down to about 280. That's bench press not squat.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:42:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:48:58 AM EDT
[#23]
48 years old
5 ft 9 inches
185 pounds
11% body fat
Heart: 65 beats/minute
BP: 115/80

I lift weights(4 days/week) and do cardio(exercise bike, bio-climber, stairmaster) 6 days a week.  Started practicing Judo a few years ago but had to stop after 3 torn cartlidges(?).  I love to choke em! Hauled all but 2 pack loads of 2 elk out of a canyon a couple years ago.  Getting ready to go hike the woods in Eastern OR for that big buck.

I'm ready to tun those Arabs into swiss cheeze!

Spambo(cheap Rambo imitation -:)
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#24]
OK here goes...

Height:         75.5"
Pulse Resting:  55-62

Weight Was:     313
Weight Now:     283
Weight Goal:    235

Waist Was:      53"
Waist Now:      47.75"
Waist Goal:     ??"

Exercise 5-6 days a week.  Run 3-4 miles @ a 10-11 min pace. Lift weights (tone not build mass) 3X a week.  My goal of 235 is just so I can [b]GET INTO[/b] the services.   Leaning towards USMC or USAF.  I'm fat but I'm also [i]big boned[/i]  I'm thinking 210-220 would be ideal for me.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:15:13 AM EDT
[#25]
I am getting a little over weight. i broke my foot about 7 months ago and have not been active. I still have my strength, but lost some endurance. Im going to do the Atkins diet. Than start working out again. Having a 7 yr old son to chase helps me out.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#26]
I think a lot of guys, even some that aren't considered "overweight", would be surprised at how fast a combat situation would drain energy.

I am a 21 year old college student, and while I run 3-4 times per week for miles and miles, i was extremely surprised at how quick my energy was leeched from my stressed body while playing paintball. When that adrenaline gets going, you can't catch your breath, and a short sprint drains you like a marathon.

Don't assume that since you can shoot groups from a bench that you will be ready for combat. I get most of my kills in paintball from walking up behind tired ass fatboys and shooting them in the back of the head.

(P.S. I know paintball ain't combat, but if you treat it as such, it's an eye opener to your own physical readiness and your tactics.)

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:28:46 AM EDT
[#27]
25 years.
70"
178#
3.1% body fat (hydrostatic)
2 miles in 13 mins
Thinking about LASIK to get rid of glasses though.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#28]
6ft 185 lbs , not a mr. universe by any chance
but in fairly good shape. [uzi]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 8:54:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Welterweight
4th dan TKD
15 years a lifter
20 years IPSC/IDPA
High Master hipower
53 years smart/sneaky

Bring it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Not that any one cares:

5'10"   200lbs  
1) Bench Press: 300lbs max, 225lbs x 12 reps
2) Hike 6 miles, 3 times a week with 30lbs pack.

Never was in the military, so dont know how this compares
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Actually, I was trying to get in shape for a new job where I'd have to get POST certified.  300 meters in 77 sec., 1.5 miles in 17 something min., 18 pushups, 15 situps, jump 14 inches.  It's kind of like qualifying to get into basic, where you get into a lot better shape by the end of training.

I bombed the runs.  Sprinting for 300 meters did my knees a good one, and I had to walk too much for the longer run.  When I applied I thought it'd take a while, but found I had only a week notice and just wasn't able to get up to snuff.  The next day my knees swelled up and I could barely walk for a few weeks afterwards lol!  It was embarrassing to say the least.  But at least I'm trying.

Now I'm going slow, walking about 4 miles a day and have the Soloflex and Nordictrack out again.  I'm feeling pretty good.  I'll never be a kid again, but hey, reality tells me no matter what shape I'm in, I'll never be allowed to stand with brothers-in-arms again.  But just in case they start allowing us older vets in, I'm sure I'll be able to get up to my age PT test requirements in a couple of months.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#32]
srv-go get you heart checked!!!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:34:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
srv-go get you heart checked!!!
View Quote

I'm in excellent physical condition. Maybe i didn't make that clear.

200 lbs.
6'0"

I killed the other bastards playing, and ran around them constantly. The point i was trying to make is that under stress, the body tires much more quickly than normal.

[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/stout.jpg[/img]

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#34]
MWM,28,6',155lbs,blonde,blue,non-smoker,non-drinker,no drugs,32" pant size accomodates IWB carried Glock 30,father of 1.5,bartender/waiter,martial arts background WLTM arab muslim extermists for exsanguinal activities. Age/race/sex unimportant, just a desire to die for your beliefs required.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Being in shape is good, but it does little good without the training and will to fight efficiently/effectively. Sadly, most armchair commandos seen so often at gun shows and hanging around in gun stores lack both the training and the physical conditioning to succeed in most combat scenarios IMHO. That's why our armed forces and LEOs receive both weapons and the training to use them (at least initially). Again, just my $0.02.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 1:41:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think a lot of guys, even some that aren't considered "overweight", would be surprised at how fast a combat situation would drain energy.

I am a 21 year old college student, and while I run 3-4 times per week for miles and miles, i was extremely surprised at how quick my energy was leeched from my stressed body while playing paintball. When that adrenaline gets going, you can't catch your breath, and a short sprint drains you like a marathon.

Don't assume that since you can shoot groups from a bench that you will be ready for combat. I get most of my kills in paintball from walking up behind tired ass fatboys and shooting them in the back of the head.

(P.S. I know paintball ain't combat, but if you treat it as such, it's an eye opener to your own physical readiness and your tactics.)

Shawn
View Quote

I too play alot of paintball.  If you take the "game" serious enough it will teach you alot about combat skills.  It is yet to be determined rather skills learned while playing paintball actually reflect those learned while in combat.  

Hmm, yesterday played against the German Police PPC pistol team.  Our team consisted of 2 people, theirs had 6.  We allowed them to regenerate after being shot but still shot all of them at least twice in each session.

This past weekend we played against team consisting of 5 people.  1 man on this team was  current National Guard Special Forces and a State Highway Patrolman.  1 other was current National Guard.  We erradicated this team as well.

Not trying to brag, just wonderin if the skills learned in preparation for real combat situations are anything like what is learned in paintball.  The main important things it has done is perfect my skill of cover and concealment, sharpen my senses, and learn how to predict a groups reactions to a given attack.

Anyone who has never done this, I highly reccomend it.  Good way to get in shape too.[flag]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top