User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2001 9:09:46 AM EDT
And where can I buy it?

TIA,  

G45

edited 'cause I can't type and eat.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#1]

while hiking and such i carry, but have never had occasion to use, (unless you count that one time i was walking home at 4:00AM from a party and felt the need to see how the stuff worked ) a hot pepper spray designed for bear defense.

www.udap.com

i found it to be one of the 'hottest' available and with the 30ft range, figured it had some unique advantages.

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:29:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Fox is one of the best, although I don't know if it compares to the bear sprays.

[url]www.selfdefenseproducts.com/pepper.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's for a bear I don't know what the best is because I have heard of to many stories about people that use it and just piss the bear off more.

For people a lot of the PD use First Defense pepper spray. DON'T GET THE FOAM KIND AT ALL unless you want to have the foam in your eyes. The pepper spray is rated by Scoville heat unit.

First Defense 10% OC  20 million SHU
Fox 2% OC and 5.3 million SHU
Guardian 10% OC 20 million SHU

If you can choose what it will be sprayed out as i.e. Stream spray, fog spray and cone spray. this is what to go by

Stream spray=Pin-point accuracy is good for indoor/outdoor use & windy conditions

Cone spray= Best all around pattern,more of a concentrated pattern then fog,but retains desired inhalation effects.

Fog spray= Best for outdoor use with multiple target capability.

Go to [url]www.galls.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top