Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/19/2001 8:58:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2001 10:15:15 AM EDT by tayous1]
tablets? I dont know if I should just get the tablets or go spend the money and get one of the pumps . Just looking for some info tell me what you think edited do to my crappy spelling what can I say I have not gotten a good night sleep in a week .
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:00:35 AM EDT
Originally Posted By tayous1: tablets? I dont know if I should just get the tablets or go spend the money and get one of the pumps . Just looking for some info tell me what you think
View Quote
I think ICE is the closest you can get to petrified water.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:01:02 AM EDT
Just buy a bag of cement and stir.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:01:44 AM EDT
If you mean water purification tablets someone here can help you. :)
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:02:15 AM EDT
Originally Posted By gardenWeasel: Just buy a bag of cement and stir.
View Quote
That'll work too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:33:59 AM EDT
"Everybody's a comedian"! - JD. Get a $2 bottle of tincture of iodine from a drugstore. Use 1 drop per gallon.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:37:00 AM EDT
I'm not an expert at this by any means. I will take a stab at it. From my understanding, the chlorine-based tablets(cost about $5-6 at Walmart) are not effective against the giardia-type single cell animals and of course not against viruses. The the iodine-base types will kill Giardia & viruses, but is dependant on temperture & turbidity. The lower the temps, the longer you must let the water sit. Cloudy water? more time. The iodine-based also has a yuck taste, which can be eliminated by some Tang orange drink etc, or a vitamin C tablet. I personally have a water filter for those times when you need water now, and can't wait for the chlorine/iodine chemicals to work. I personally have a Mini-works water filter by MSR. It has a block of activated carbon as a filter. And I also a have a Sweetwater water filter as a backup. I use a pre-filter that blocks out lager particles so that the main filter does not clogged so easily. There is a diff. between filters and purifiers. FILTERs will strain out bacteria and giardia, but it is not effective against viruses. PURIFIERs will strain out bacteria & giardia, and also deacivate viruses. Of course the purifiers cost more money. Try going to a camping supply store, and see what they recommend in your area.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:46:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/19/2001 9:47:14 AM EDT by ARlady]
i'm not exactly sure what you want, but take a look at these products. they are NSF (national sanitation foundation) certified as best on the market. the counter top unit has been certified to the HIGHEST standard (standard 53-proven reduction/removal of over 60 known contaminants and substances commonly found in municipal tap water). most water filters on the market are only certified to standard 42--simply improving taste and teh aesthetic quality. not to mention i never realized how damaging chlorine could be until i did my research on water filtration products. and, the filters last forever (well, for a really long time). costing literally, just pennies on the gallon for pure (or as close as it comes, depending on what's in your water) water. oh, yeah, these are some of the least expensive filters on the market for the quality and effectiveness. [url]www.trekallianceonline.com/jsppages/ShoppingCatalogGlue.jsp[/url] just scroll down to the water filtration products link.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:49:39 AM EDT
Hell, just drink beer!..[beer]
Top Top