Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2001 7:58:45 AM EDT
Last Year I put some firearms on "consignment" with a dealer,but he skipped town,I am trying to find out what options are.Contact a lawyer?
Contact ATF? State Attorney General?I just need to resolve this,thanks,Sam
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#1]
As much as I hate to say it, ATF/FBI might be your best bet, especially if he crossed state lines.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 8:03:23 AM EDT
[#2]
NFI, but I wouldn't have waited for so long to report stolen firearms. Report the theft to the police and ATF. Doing nothing is just silly.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#3]
That wouldn't happen to be Shooters Paradise would it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#4]
First, contact your local law enforcement agency. Then contact BATF with the case number. It could possibly fall under Brady, which made thefts from FFL's a federal offense. ( I know, I made the arrest on the first Brady theft from an FFL in the US). Only if he crossed state lines will the FBI be able to get involved.
You also should be able to file suit against him for the stolen property. You might get a judgment, but if he has no money, you'll be SOL. He can be tried in both local and federal court for the same offense. And no, it is not double jeopardy.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Last Year I put some firearms on "consignment" with a dealer,but he skipped town,I am trying to find out what options are.Contact a lawyer?
Contact ATF? State Attorney General?I just need to resolve this,thanks,Sam
View Quote
Thanks for everyones help and advice thanks,Sam
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top