Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2001 10:19:02 PM EDT

[url]http://www.salon.com/tech/wire/2001/09/18/fbi_terror/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
What would be very populated on 9/22?  Except for shopping malls, I can't imagine what these scumbags would target.

Post some ideas here so we can think of what to avoid.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Wouldn't surprise me.

If you all think this is over, you're wrong.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Today in history (Sept. 22nd)..........

"In 1980, the Persian Gulf conflict between Iran and Iraq erupted into full-scale war."

[url]http://www.kwtv.com/today/archive-2/tod0922.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn these people!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been hearing the 9/22 on the news also. I am starting to worry that they may have one or two suitcase nukes or biologicals ready to go. L.A. or Chicago maybe be the next big target on the list. I hope our local law enforcement is not sitting on their thumbs believing that all is well.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 11:30:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Okay, I've never heard of "Salon.com".  They legit?
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 11:50:13 PM EDT
[#7]
September 22, 2001 23:05 UTC- Autumn Equinox
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:02:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I am not surprised. But everywhere we MUST be vigilent. In every free country on earth, sleepers are waiting. I have accepted this fact.

If any of us see something suspicious, no matter if you are in Wolf Point, Montana, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, or Wangi-Wangi in Australia. Report it! You could save many lives.

Ever Vigilent Lads!
HZang in There!
1feral1
Sydney
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 1:21:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Okay, I've never heard of "Salon.com".  They legit?
View Quote

They're a fashionable, leftist webzine.

Personally, I think they're a bunch of cheese-eating assholes, but while they might distort American and international political babble, I doubt they'd fake something like this.

Besides, I heard it mentioned on KVI today, which is about as non-Salon-like as one can get.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 2:48:06 AM EDT
[#10]
I used to date a girl in high school (way back when!!!) that went on to become the VP of business developement for Salon.com. She used to be such a nice girl, liked to go shooting and everything! Not any more though...

Salon.com is a bunch of commie leftists out in San Fran that really are insignificant in this time of strife. Leah (my friend) tells me they are in financial trouble too. Might not be around much longer.  Leah is good people though, she's just been brainwashed by a college education.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:14:51 AM EDT
[#11]
To "1feral1":  More than anything, I hope people everywhere realize that nothing is beyond the mindset of these terrorists.  Peace loving people must realize that every thing and any thing is a potential target.  I was stationed in France during the Algerian fight for independence, and a handgrenade hear a shooting there, had the beautiful city of Paris ready for terrorism.  It was nothing to compare to the WTC disaster but I remember the Gendarme clearing Algerians from streets with clubs, guns and the HEEHAW of the police sirens at night.  You can bet that they problem will be with the USA for a while  GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:47:04 AM EDT
[#12]
The possibility of a 22 September attack is now being at least mentioned on all of the cable news channels FOX, CNN, MSNBC, etc.
If the terrorist continue to center on the United States we might as well prepare to fight with only Great Britain at our side.  The other so-called allies will drop like flies.  If Europe is also attacked things might be different.
Additionally we should be prepared to understand, sooner rather than later, that the Saudi's are not our friends.  The younger members of the Royal family are ardent supporters of Bin Laden.  The Bin Laden family is one of the best connected and wealthiest families in Saudi Arabia and support Osama Bin Laden financially.  Osama Bin Laden long ago spent his $300 Million inheritance.
I know mine is not a popular position on this board and in other places but that does not alter the facts.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 6:53:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like Iraq is starting to pop up in the intelligence reports.  Refer to the excite.com news sections.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:16:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Well what ever the targets are it is WAR......  How ever I feel that the American people internally as the public will hold our own.....
[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:25:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Autumn Begins

1789 U.S Post Office is established.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top