Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 2:13:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Have gun, will travel.

But why should I when we already have an army of volunteers who signed up for exactly this type of need.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 3:42:10 PM EDT
[#2]
i'm a little confused.  are you saying, MIerinMD, that if we can't fight right now, if we aren't signed up and ready to take off the minute the phone rings, that we can't call for war?  cuz that sure is what it sounds like to me.

well, how bout this?  i'm a woman.  can't serve in the combat situations in the first place, don't plan on dealing with the damn drill sergeant in the second place, and have absolutely no medical knowledge to use behind the scenes.  i don't plan on going.  doubt the armed forces would even want me deployed with the men (can't have fraternization, and i don't mean that sarcastically, i'm with you guys on that issue).  the skills i have and want to use aren't the ones i'm allowed to use in this situation.  so, no, i'm not going and i don't even have my laundry done, let alone any bags packed, [b]but i'm still calling for blood!!!!![/b]

what do you make of that?  are you judging our worthiness to take an interest in the direction this country goes based on our military service, on the actions we've taken to go fight the fight ourselves?

besides, someone's got to stay here and defend the homeland while our boys are kicking terrorist ass!  [sniper]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 3:44:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Did somebody say [b]FIGHT[/b]?!

Tyler
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#6]
If there's anything a 49 year old, slightly(!) overweight man with absolutely [b]no[/b] military background or training can do for the war effort, I'll do it!

Moving and keeping my lard ass clear out of the way is probably what I'll be told to do!

Eric The(TheyAlsoServeWhoStandAndWait!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I'm going back in but I'm giving myself a week or 2 to see if this war happens.

Hehe, I dont want to find myself digging holes at Ft. Bragg again for 3 years if this turns out to be a special forces thing and not a war.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"Of those of you who are rattling sabers and screaming for war, how many of you are actually in the military and eligible to be called into action?"
View Quote

How about 52 years old, served in a time when it was a very unpopular thing to do, but would go in a heartbeat if they would have my old ass back.  Is that good enough for you?
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Figured you guys might want to hear some perspective from Canada.  I'd join but:

-one eye isn't 20/20 so they won't permit me to go pilot or sniper

-more importantly, maybe someone could explain to me why the h*ll I should fight for a government that wants to take my guns away?

I used a friend for a sounding board on the second point.  Asked him why I shouldn't join.  He's ex-military, subject to recall.  He came up with the same reason.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:02:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
-more importantly, maybe someone could explain to me why the h*ll I should fight for a government that wants to take my guns away?
View Quote

We would not be fighting for the government, we would be fighting because they killed our fellow countrymen and attacked our way of life.  I think internal politics are not as urgent at the moment.  Not saying we should not be paying attention, but this is far more important.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm not in the military, and chances are
they'd just stick me behind a computer anyways
along with the other math geeks. I've got
some ideas how I can help my country as a math
geek tho, and a couple of 'em I could do right
where I'm sitting. I'd be worse than useless if
I were sent to Afghanistan.

My oldest friend just re-upped with the USMC..
he was in Somalia and received a purple heart.
From what I understand, our ol' friend Osama
was behind the nastiness in Somalia, too, so
he's got twice the grudge of most Americans.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:13:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Been out of the Air Force for 12 years now. I'd go back in a heartbeat ! Would be nice to man more than an MKT though! I'll bet Army or Marine Corp wouldnt mind a slight color vision loss for infantry or artillary. AF wont let you do squat without perfect color vision.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uhh..I'll take a shot at this

Because so many before you have fought and died for your right to post a question like this on an internet chat board without fear of prosecution.

Because at last checking, those that died in NY are American.

Because the US, which California is part of, was attacked.

Yer Pal,
Barracuda

By the way, I'm retired Mil, slightly unstable, own many firearms and yes, I am ready should I be needed. I hear Afganaparkinglot is beautiful this time of year.

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Ltjg,USNR (Awaiting June LT selection board results). Attached to Naval Hospital Jacksonville 1208, drilling out of NRC Tampa. Former Hospital Corpsman (8404) attached to 1st Marine Brigade,Kaneohe Bay,HI.  
Just finished reading e-mail from NRC Tampa CO telling us requirements for mobilization. Must be good to go 2 days post recall. I'm ready.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I volunteered once before, no one will have to draft me this time either.

95B
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Ex Army, 19K  could and would go.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:24:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Tried twice and the AirForce and Army regected me both times due to medical reason.  That still doesn't change or affect my position, nor should it.  I still support this war and would do anything to help it.....anything!!

As a member of this country I do have the right to say what I think should be done, those that say differently are just looking for excuses to not make a decission.

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I'll be 43 next month.  If WAR is declared by President Bush or Congress, the rules change and will allow entry up to age 45.  

I spoke to my spouse about this exact question over dinner tonight and informed her that I WOULD go if they’d have me.  Besides, I've already put in 9 years of military service so what's a few more for Freedom, Liberty and Justice?  Small price to pay if you ask me.

I work with some young males who boast and posture around the office but I can’t even make them TALK to a recruiter much less sign up.  They will forever remain just males – NOT MEN.  Unlike my father - a Pearl Harbor survivor, or his three brothers – WWII Tank Commanders, or my brother – 20 years as Navy Aviator, or the rest of the fine Americans who post on this board all show just what real MEN are made of.

USAF Crypto!
(Computer Geek in present life)

GN30
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I just got out of the Army Reserve in May....talked with the recruiter Monday....going back in!  

91B - Combat Medic

medcop
[(:)]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:35:24 PM EDT
[#20]
[b]I'll be 43 next month. If WAR is declared by President Bush or Congress, the rules change and will allow entry up to age 45.
[/b]

REALLY!!!!!!  Well hot damn!!  I got a chance[:)]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:37:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Am a 1LT in the USMC, helicopter pilot.  Ready to go.  What's the count at now?

MJA
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#22]
1 Active Duty Marine here, I dont know if I'll be going anywhere, but I'm willing to fight.
[%(]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I separated from USAR as a Captain in 1989.  If they called, I would show up and do my best.    Even if I don't hear from Uncle, I have considered myself on "active duty" since 9/11.  The Pres said it was a war (more than they ever admitted about 'Nam), and the only action so far has been here!

However, I am getting pretty tired of all the posturing, especially by everyone who does not know what they are talking about.  This thing is going to be long, unsatisfying, costly, no closure, etc.  Besides, it  will have no front line and will be fought at home and abroad with the lives of our loved ones on the line for the first time.  Even in the Civil War, they were never the primary target.

This all could possibly been avoided with sufficient G2.  THANKS MR CLINTON!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Oh sure, they would love me. Approaching 40, 100 lbs. overweight, two totally screwed-up knees with pins and plates in the left one, can't walk more than 3 miles without resting because of the knees.

If you want to plop me behind an M2, that's one thing. But I ain't no foot solider, that's for sure.

I gave them the chance when I was 19 and in really great shape (swimming and lifting weights daily, not overweight at all) and even then they said take a hike because of the knees. And that was the Navy!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't think they will take mid 50's that's had a broken back,but I can do something and will do what I can. You know much can be done here to support and pray fo those who go. I served 12 years and could do lots of things but I don't think it will get tht bad.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm in the USMCR from Battle Creek, Michigan.  My shits packed.  Now I'm just waiting for a friendly phone call.

Semper Fi

Smalls
View Quote

I'm just up the road from you at the Air Guard A-10 base.  My gear is packed and waiting for them to "Unleash the HOGS of war".
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Uhh..I'll take a shot at this

Because so many before you have fought and died for your right to post a question like this on an internet chat board without fear of prosecution.

Because at last checking, those that died in NY are American.

Because the US, which California is part of, was attacked.

Yer Pal,
Barracuda

By the way, I'm retired Mil, slightly unstable, own many firearms and yes, I am ready should I be needed. I hear Afganaparkinglot is beautiful this time of year.

View Quote

A good theory except I have been prosecuted - improper address on a registration certificate - not guilty, arrest record expunged, responsible parties fired and demoted, but the government still supports the registry system despite its unreliability.  Been fighting this since 1996 - I'm still taking the final steps required to get the last gun back.

And, CA is Canada. [:)]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#28]
 Heck, I thought I was going Tuesday.  Turns out we just guarded the local gov't facilities.  

The big brass said "don't bother unpacking"
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Well let's see here, I through a "Hell Yes" in for War.  To further that I'd really love to see a mountain of dead terrorists, to be honest I'm pretty goddamn pissed that some wacko fanatics killed 5K of my fellow citizens, and would have been happy to add you and I to that number as well.  I have served once in the past ([i]see username[/i]), and will do so once again if need be.  I will clamor for war until I see justice, if my services are needed I'm sure Uncle Sam will let me know.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#31]
MierinMD,

Who the f*ck are you? Have you EVER served? Where are we going?  Are we going?  Yes, we have called for action.  There has been no target announced, no public operation launched.   Of course the Military is asking for volunteers, they need good volunteers even in peacetime.  

To answer your question, yes I would go.  I am 36 and have served 4 years in as an 11B (I was an 11B1P in an infantry battalion) because I do talk the talk so I figured I’d walk the walk. If by going I could keep some 17-year-old snot nosed brat from getting his balls shot off before he smells pu$$y I figure I could do it.  I am still in relatively good shape and would have to go through basic again anyway.  But why join now when we have no idea what the military is going to do?  Do YOU buy things without seeing them or not knowing what you are getting?

Judge not lest ye be judged.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#32]
51 years old and served during the Vietnam period, although did'nt serve there. Volunteer then (CID Special Agent-Army) and would go back in with re-training in a heart beat.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Can't go.  Hard of hearing.  Anybody who knows me knows I couldn't fool anybody for more than a few minutes.

Would I sign up today?  No, because I have no clue if we're even going to war, or what type of offensive will occur.  

If a large scale war were to take place (and I consider it more unlikely each day) and the draft were reinstated, or there was a call for signup (which I consider even MORE unlikely) I would sure as hell sign up if I could.

However, your question is no more than a concealed attempt to debate the war without trying to score points on the relative issues at heart.

It is like you're telling people they can't be critical of music because they can't sign a better song themself.  

Whether or not people are serving or are able to serve, they're allowed to have their opinion on whether or not the military is used.  

Just the same way you're allowed to have one, and your opinion is obvious.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Could I serve? Nope... I have a heart condition. No sharp blows to the chest, no jumping, no sports, not even supposed to be firing a rifle (or any of my guns for that matter).

If I were drafted would I go? Hell yes. I'd probably be sent right back out the door, but I would go.

And I would sure as shit be on the front lines if America came under direct attack. Although I don't see that happening (America coming under attack).

Av
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A good theory except I have been prosecuted - improper address on a registration certificate - not guilty, arrest record expunged, responsible parties fired and demoted, but the government still supports the registry system despite its unreliability.  Been fighting this since 1996 - I'm still taking the final steps required to get the last gun back.

And, CA is Canada. [:)]
View Quote

Sorry e8ght to hear of your obvious governmental screwup, hate to see that happen to anyone....but, heh heh, hate it when somebody types but, you as well as I know that whatever happens to us yanks will eventually flow downhill, uphill I guess in your case. Look at the problem your having with just the aviation slowdown now, it appears as if Canada will need to help to bail out their own aviation industry. It'll get worse as Canada really does rely to a certain extent on the commerce generated with the US. I'm sure the folks in Ottawa, or is it Toronto?... may not agree and hate to think that much of thier countries economic success hinges on what happens down here. With all that said, I certainly hope that Canadians like yourself will stick this out and support us Americans. With what I heard on the broadcast of the CBC last night I'm a bit worried. Seems as some of the thinkers in your capital, not all but some, think this isn't Canadas fight.

Yer pal,
Barracuda
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:01:47 PM EDT
[#36]
21 years USAF and Air National Guard ready willing and looking for a ride over. 2W171 Air Craft Armament Systems AKA 46270
Count me in!!![%(]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Physically and mentally, yes. No military training, So, I guess I'll be watching from the side lines. I was an inch away from from joining the army when I was eighteen. Took the ASVAB, and physical. Uncle (Nam Vet) talked me out of it. Read the Tunnels Of Cu Chi. My Uncle was there with the 1st Division. Interesting stuff.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:04:15 PM EDT
[#38]
<
I am actually surprised that we havn't been called up yet, but willing and able when the call comes.

Ed
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
ex-Marine. Still able, still willing. Will sign up in a heartbeat if I'm needed.
View Quote

Now I KNOW you didn't just say EX-Marine...didya....DIDYA!?

Bulldog1967 ( The FORMER Marine) OUT
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Ready to go if needed.  

I was in the USAF in '98 until I received a medical discharge while in tech school for a torn ACL.  Once on the private sector the VA operated and I'm now eligible again (if i can pass the physical).  Talked to the recruiter the other day and was told if i could get an Orthopedic surgeon at the VA to sign off on my knee as in working order and pass the MEPPS shit all over again I'm in.  So I'm going to continue to get back in shape and wait to see what happens before I drop out of college and reenlist to finish something I started a few years ago.  

BTW I have complete flexibility and run 2 miles a day up in the mountains with no problems whatsoever :)....
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:53:57 PM EDT
[#41]
8 years active, 6 years Guard. On Alert, ready and willing to go... (call already).

Aviator   [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#42]
... as long as I'm breathing I'm able to fight.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm 30 years old and have a lovely wife,sweet little girl and a great paying job that I enjoy but if we really are going to get it on I'll volunteer long befoe they need to draft me.I don't want to go if it's going to be another half assed joke like the Gulf War but if we are really going to fight and not play cop(I hate cops)I'll go.I have a personal axe to grind with these maggots and I won't feel better about the whole thing till I get a piece of them.If we wage a real war with an extended ground campaign and really start whiping these fuckers out I'll crawl the walls till I get to go.Even though I think as many as half of us might die I believe we will leave a better world for our children if we teach these fithly pricks that the only result of harming Americans is extinction,then my life will have been well spent.Don't get me wrong I would much prefer that the Islamic world be somthing other than the bunch of evil pricks that they are and just round up all of the terrorists and hand them over to us to be tried and executed but that will never happen.Terrorist are practially rock stars to these filth.Even mosques in this country raise money for them and harbor them when they come here.They just need to be taught a lesson that will make them shudder at the sound of American voices and the sight of American faces.They want to call us the "Great Satan" then let's show them what that really fucking means and butcher a few million of them and see if they feel like fucking up on US soil ever again.

sopmodm4a3
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:27:56 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm 22 years old and I'm willing to go.

I will join when one of three things happen 1.There is a ground war. 2. If I don't get on earthier the PD & FD that I'm trying for right now.

3.If they start the draft then I go no matter what to the U.S.M.C all the way.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:31:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Gee, it hadn't occurred to me that the people actually in the military would not be able to handle the situation.

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#46]
I am 40 years old, am in very good shape, eye sight is 20/15, very good night vision, know how to rock climb, and can shoot really well.
And have a Physics and Mathematics Degree.

If they raise the age limits: I will enlist.

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 12:47:33 AM EDT
[#47]
I am a Lance Corporal, USMCR/0431. You Marines will know me. I direct Longshoremen. I create loadplans. I manage databases. I track your gear. I ensure its timely delivery to the correct location. I am the Logistics/Embarkation Specialist. I control your beans, bullets and band-aids.

My embark chief, my GUNNY, told ME to get ready. My bags are PACKED. I'm not volunteering yet for one simple reason: my boss on the civilian side has no clue how to use our office machinery, and I'm teaching her as fast as I can.

I shoot NRA highpower. I shoot IDPA. I am a non-racist Christian. I'm not in college. I'm single. I have only two monthly expenses - internet, and car insurance.

When my country needs me, I wil get a phone call. End of story - I'm THERE. But I neither expect nor advise my peers to join up. We reserves are convenient, handy - but not essential. Not yet, anyway. Even if our Congress declared war, I would not tell them to join. They don't have to fight. They can continue higher education, or continue teaching, or continue working at banks, or at hospitals. Or running companies.

I believe this question should not have been asked. I will require no man, or woman, to physically fight for their country until it is that country's safety and integrity at stake. Even then, a man or woman must measure him or herself. You would be better off deleting this thread.

Oh, don't bother to flame or respond to me - I'm spending my free time at my unit going over the database with the Captain and the Gunny.
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:58:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
MierinMD,

Who the f*ck are you? Have you EVER served? Where are we going?  Are we going?  Yes, we have called for action.  There has been no target announced, no public operation launched.   Of course the Military is asking for volunteers, they need good volunteers even in peacetime.  

To answer your question, yes I would go.  I am 36 and have served 4 years in as an 11B (I was an 11B1P in an infantry battalion) because I do talk the talk so I figured I’d walk the walk. If by going I could keep some 17-year-old snot nosed brat from getting his balls shot off before he smells pu$$y I figure I could do it.  I am still in relatively good shape and would have to go through basic again anyway.  But why join now when we have no idea what the military is going to do?  Do YOU buy things without seeing them or not knowing what you are getting?

Judge not lest ye be judged.  
View Quote

Garandman was right, this [b]was[/b] interesting.  First of all, this thread was started to make some of you think hard about what you've said in other threads.  It's one thing to talk tough, but somehow when it gets to "are you eligible to fight" the vast majority of you are [b]NOT[/b] currently in the active military or reserves.  I wasn't questioning anybody's "manhood" or patriotism.  It was more of a Reality Check than anything else.

And Velveeta, I certainly appreciate your post. Why? Because you make my point without even knowing it.  
To wit:

[i]"Do YOU buy things without seeing them or not knowing what you are getting?[/i]

Think about that phrase carefully and I think you'll begin to see what I'm talking about.  We DONT know what we're getting yet some of you are willing to spend the blood of your fellow patriots to get it.

Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:22:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Garandman was right, this [b]was[/b] interesting.  First of all, this thread was started to make some of you think hard about what you've said in other threads.  It's one thing to talk tough, but somehow when it gets to "are you eligible to fight" the vast majority of you are [b]NOT[/b] currently in the active military or reserves.  I wasn't questioning anybody's "manhood" or patriotism.  It was more of a Reality Check than anything else.

And Velveeta, I certainly appreciate your post. Why? Because you make my point without even knowing it.  
To wit:

[i]"Do YOU buy things without seeing them or not knowing what you are getting?[/i]

Think about that phrase carefully and I think you'll begin to see what I'm talking about.  We DONT know what we're getting yet some of you are willing to spend the blood of your fellow patriots to get it.

View Quote

MierinMD,

I do not think anyone should give up a thriving career to just sit in garrison for 4 years when this may be over before they get out of Basic training.  War is ALWAYS an unknown.  I accept that.  But for some little peacenik like you to come in here and question what others are doing at this time is in poor taste.  Yes many have responded that they are unable to serve.  Many have also stated that they ARE serving.  I responded that I have served and would serve again.   You may think you are original and have something new to offer but many of us have already gauged what we have to offer and when we will offer it.  

The questions remain “Who the f*ck are you?” and “Have you EVER served?”
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:56:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Sorry e8ght to hear of your obvious governmental screwup, hate to see that happen to anyone....but, heh heh, hate it when somebody types but, you as well as I know that whatever happens to us yanks will eventually flow downhill, uphill I guess in your case. Look at the problem your having with just the aviation slowdown now, it appears as if Canada will need to help to bail out their own aviation industry. It'll get worse as Canada really does rely to a certain extent on the commerce generated with the US. I'm sure the folks in Ottawa, or is it Toronto?... may not agree and hate to think that much of thier countries economic success hinges on what happens down here. With all that said, I certainly hope that Canadians like yourself will stick this out and support us Americans. With what I heard on the broadcast of the CBC last night I'm a bit worried. Seems as some of the thinkers in your capital, not all but some, think this isn't Canadas fight.

Yer pal,
Barracuda
View Quote

Roughly 1/3 of Canada's international trade is with the US.  I agree that some *ss must be kicked and justice done and that we should be part of the solution.  Don't worry about the CBC - it may be safely viewed as a leftist government funded broadcaster which spouts the editorial line the ruling party would attempt to follow if it thought it could get away with it.  The military has not been a priority for the ruling party.  Our current PM has allowed the Canadian Forces to decline to a total of around 60,000 troops, with no substantial purchases of new equipment since we picked up a few dozen F-18s.  Even those F-18s have not been upgraded much, with only about 20 now able to use precision-guided munitions.  Our basic deuce and a halfs are having their wheels replaced at the moment because they're rusting out.  Oh, and we're almost out of BOOTS.  Most of all I just feel a little strange about putting myself and tens of thousands of other firearm owners in a possible combat situation under the control of a ruling party that has repeatedly and for years demonstrated their animosity toward firearm owners and the military.  The country, I'll fight for.  And there were roughly 100 Canadians missing in the Sept 11 attacks.  Dunno if I'd do it under Liberal command though - maybe the antigunners who voted for them should step forward first.

If they'd let me fly I'd probably go despite the above.

[-=(_)=-]
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top