Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2001 8:33:12 PM EDT
Well, I went with the one from Bass Pro! It was $699 and is firelined, and holds my stuff with lotsa room to spare. I threw all my ammo and everything in there, but when i get more rifles, I'll use that room for rifles. The safe weighs 400 lbs, and while I almost got a bigger one, I'm glad I didn't! Being a college student, and knowing I'll be moving soon, I knew weight would be a factor. Once I move into a house where i'll be living for a while I'll get a bigger safe, but this one is perfect for now. I'm glad my roommates were here to help!!!

Here's the pics:

[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/safe2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/safe1.jpg[/img]

I love it!!!!!!

[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/room3.jpg[/img]

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:36:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice!

What's the combination again?

*runs away*
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:43:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm glad you got it, before they got your guns, smart idea.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
And it's a tv stand to boot!  All kidding aside, you've got a pretty good collection for a poor college student[;)]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I bet you will be needing another one of them very soon!!!  Heehehe![:D]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:06:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Congrats.  

How well do the rifles line up in their respective slots?   I know that putting some of my rifles side by side is very difficult because they sometimes hit.  Since you can put rifles on the right and left and their stocks are closer than mine, I'm just wondering how it works out.

It appears to be an 8 gun safe, and the 4 guns you currently have in there looks to be almost all you can fit. [:)]

Those shelves should be removable so in the future, you can probably put guns the whole width of the safe.

Having a safe makes you feel much better about your guns.  At least I felt that way.  No more worrying.

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:19:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Sweet! Congrats on your new safe bro!

Tyler
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:19:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Build a shelf for the top right corner and you have room for some hand guns, more mags or ammo.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:24:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Try to move one of those suckers up on a 2nd story of an apartment without getting hurt.  Then you have accomplished something.  I can still remember when I moved out of that apartment.  I didn't want to even mess with getting the people together to help move it so I just called some movers and two skinny guys came out to move it.  I told them I just wanted them to move it from upstairs to downstairs.  The guy at the bottom got a suprise when the full weight of that safe came against him.  Damn luck he didn't get hurt.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 4:54:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Good job.....I like it!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:42:19 AM EDT
[#11]
 Another poor college student gun-nut from Missouri?  I thought I was the only one.  You are so lucky to have the Bass Pro right down the road!  Have you ever been to Surplus City? Any good?
-Ken@CMSU
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 5:48:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Where do you guys go to school in Missouri?  I attended Northeast Missouri State(Truman State) and University of Missouri Rolla.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:29:04 AM EDT
[#13]
MP906, JIMBEAM-
I'm a student at SMSU in Springfield... Nice school.

There are actually 9 guns in there with room to spare! The 2 AK-47's are short enough that they fit low and in the back (you probably cant see them)

Guns in safe-
M44 Mosin Nagant
M39 Mosin Nagant
M48 Mauser
AK-47 with forward pistol grip
AK-47 unmodified
FN FAL IAI M444
Mossberg 590
RWS Model 34 Airgun ($200 so it goes in!)
H&K USP .45

I can still fit another few in there, so that AR-15 will be joining them as soon as i can make up for the dent that the safe put in my pocketbook.

SHawn
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:38:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Just out of curiosity, what did that particular model run?
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 8:57:11 AM EDT
[#15]
that 590 looks like a Mariner
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just out of curiosity, what did that particular model run?
View Quote

on sale for $699.

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
that 590 looks like a Mariner
View Quote

[img]http://www.mossberg.com/pcatalog/images/50668grs.gif[/img]

#50668 590® 12 ga. Pump Action 9-shot capacity, parkerized finish, Ghost Ring Sights, 20" cylinder bore barrel and Speed-Feed® stock (holds two extra rounds on each side of the stock)

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:29:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Where do you guys go to school in Missouri?  I attended Northeast Missouri State(Truman State) and University of Missouri Rolla.
View Quote

CMSU in Warrensburg. Those are great schools, I have buddies at both.  

SRV- Nice collection for a college student!  A Bushmaster would fit in perfectly.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#19]
When I was in school we would drive from UMR to SWMU because they had more women.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 2:12:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Last time i heard, the ratio of guys to girls was like 3 to 1. I don't know what they put in the water here, but these girls are gorgeous.

Yummmmmmy.

BTW- Yes, a Bushy is in the plans for the empty space in the safe!!

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Another pic inside the safe. (I put more stuff in in this pic)

[img]http://www.student.smsu.edu/s/srv656s/room4.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Looks sweet.  I remember when I was working on my chemical engineering degree my parents got pissed off that I bought a pistol the day after my 21st.  I told them that firearms are part of a well balanced education.  After all, I could have spent it on alcohol and condoms.  They were happy with my original decision.  Now I am on my 12th gun.  Enjoy, and DON'T give the combo to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 2:27:20 PM EDT
[#23]
[b]They let you have guns on campus?  In a dorm?[/b]

Wow.  I wish that I went to that school.

Nice safe.  Great peace of mind.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Good for you! Now, the only thing I see wrong in that picture is the safe is in plain sight. The picture sure makes it look as though it'd fit into the closet and not be adverising its presence in quite so obvious a manner. You've got good protection from casual b&e types but if someone who "knows how" comes for it, you're toast. Sitting out like that every person who sees it could be the one whose lips flap too much in the hearing of the wrong listener. Take a word from an old cop, hide it, don't talk about it, and encourage those who know already to keep thier traps shut, you'll be much better off.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
[b]They let you have guns on campus?  In a dorm?[/b]

Wow.  I wish that I went to that school.

Nice safe.  Great peace of mind.
View Quote

It does kinda look like a dorm room in those photos, but I live in a house with a couple guys.

Good for you! Now, the only thing I see wrong in that picture is the safe is in plain sight.
View Quote

Ya, I kinda thought about that, but i keep my room locked when I'm not there..... Not all that many people come by when the doors unlocked.

Shawn
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:02:14 AM EDT
[#26]
srv656s, it took how how many days until it was full. [:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top