Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2001 6:47:34 PM EDT
Anyone know any details on the new Marine Corps/Army Camo pattern?

Is this going to be the pattern to replace all woodland camo and if so, when will it go into effect/phase out the old pattern.

I saw some pics on the board once . .
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Last I heard, the USMC has already adopted new woodland and desert camouflage patterns.  Marine Corps utilities have also been completely redesigned.  Pockets on the sleeves, no lower pockets on the blouse, and some other changes.  The camouflage patterns are a digitized pattern and supposedly there are tiny eagle, globe, and anchors in the pattern.  I have some pics somewhere but I don't know how to post them.  Oh, and the Marines were supposed to all have the new utilities by October.  I heard all of this a while ago, so I don't know how accurate the information is now.  

SeMPer Fi
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I did the drive through tour of Camp Pendleton on Labor Day.  None of the Marines I saw were wearing the new pattern.  They had on standard woodland camo BDU's.

Should've asked them while I was there.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I did the drive through tour of Camp Pendleton on Labor Day.  None of the Marines I saw were wearing the new pattern.  They had on standard woodland camo BDU's.

Should've asked them while I was there.
View Quote

I have friends at Camp Pendleton (I was stationed there 1997-2000).  One of them is the one that sent the pics of the new utilities.  She said they were supposed to all have them by October, but I haven't heard anything since.  I guess we'll see if the Marines that go to the middle east are wearing the new desert pattern or the three-color desert.  I'm guessing they won't have the new ones.  IMHO, the new utilities look like crap anyway.

SeMPer Fi
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 11:03:34 PM EDT
[#5]
look at my post in the tactics forum for a pic of the new marine pattern
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 2:11:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Officer candidates and recruits will recieve them this winter.  Active and reserve Marines will have until Oct 05 to have 4 sets and two pairs of the new boots.  The current plan is all enlisted will get them issued (3 woodland and 2 desert) in the next several years.  All officers wil have to buy them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top