Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2001 2:19:29 PM EDT
Is there such a thing?

Going over my portfolio and started thinking about a 2nd amendment friendly fund.

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Since mutual funds basically buy and sell shares of publically traded companies and many "2nd Amendment friendly" companies are privately owned, I'm not sure if such a mutual fund exists.

I've seen "2nd Amendment unfriendly" lists of companies, perhaps starting with a "2nd Amendment friendly" company list looking to see which ones are publically held.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I know of two:

The AR15.com brothers in arms fund and the AR15.com 'Thank You Hero Cops' fund.

Ok, not really but, worth the investment, I think.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I was also wondering about stock ownership in Gun companies. This may not be a good investment with all of the liability suits going around.

What got me thinking was the drop in airline stocks and the increase in defense contractors.

Lockheed Martin up to day for example.

Ok lets get to work. Who else makes weapons?

GE, General Dynamic, Norfolk Shipyard, Electric Boat, BWXT.

Hummm.... need to do a lot of homework....or ask somebody who knows what the hell is going on. (that why I am here)

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:17:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Ruger went up something like 15% today while the rest of the market took a pasting.  Might be worthwhile to look into.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Just try to make money. my 2 cents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top