Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2001 12:41:25 PM EDT
I am looking to buy some bulk ammunition to have around.  Is the Wolf stuff ok for that?  How reliable is it?  Does anyone esle keep a stock of this stuff?

THanks
Scott
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 12:49:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have shot 500 rounds through my bushy. Every round fired. It wasn't accurate. I was getting 15" groups with wolf. 1" with my handloads. About the cheapest you can find it for is $95 per one thousand.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have something with a loose chamber, like a Mini 14, or already know that it works in your AR, go for it.  One of my AR's will eat it all day, the other won't feed more than a few rounds before misfeeding.  If you do a lot of rapid firing where your gun gets hot, it can leave some of the laquer in the chamber.  I don't do that with mine and haven't had to do any more cleaning with it than I have with other random .223 ammo.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 12:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
By the way I won't be buying anymore.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Wolf ammo is shit. If youre planning on using it in an AR, seriously consider something else. Some people can run it ok, but about 50% of people have problems. Their 7.62x39 sucks too.

DO NOT RELY ON THIS AMMO!!!!!!! Especially for SHTF. Try out that South African 7.62x39. Ive never used it, but it cant be worse than Wolf.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I have & do use Wolf in AR's and AK/SKS. It functions fine & I get 1-2" 100yd groups from my ar's. Like the gentleman said, the laquer may melt in your chamber if you really heat up the rifle. I'm not sure if that is when the rifle is really hot & you chamber a round & let it sit in there or what. I don't hav that problem as of yet & just ordered another 1000 rds.
Scott
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:10:10 PM EDT
[#6]
So what are some suggestions for some bulk SHTF ammo?
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:29:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out the ammo board.

Here are some suggestions:

[url]www.ammoman.com[/url] sells Q3131A 1000 shipped for $189.

[url]www.wideners.com[/url] sells IMI M193 for $198 for 1200 shipped.

Just about the best bulk/reloadable stuff you can get.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:35:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Wolf is shit! I bought 5 boxes of it to try on my last outing and had about 20 misfeeds... no joke. It was almost embarassing...

PMP South African in the battle packs from the 80s -- I can shoot that all day with no problems. Even went through 100 rounds in a Beta mag with not one failure. Sportsmans guide has some pretty good deals on it too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top