Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2001 6:01:43 AM EDT
I was told by someone that NY CCW allowed for open carry, as you can imagine I was shocked and disbelieving. At a 2nd ammend rally where our sheriff was in attendance last weekend I asked him and he told me that NY offers only ONE permit but that it may have various restrictions governing how it is to be used, full concieled, target/hunting use, etc. He said that a CCW in NY allowed for open carry unless restricted by the permit and or other laws. The problem lies in that of the literature I got at the rally two pieces that cover NY law say that open carry is a big No-No. Who do I believe, a sheriff that SHOULD know the law as he has to sign off on the permits or a couple of pamplets? BrenLover
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:05:32 AM EDT
I do a lot of competitive shooting over in NY state, and everyone has told me that permits are handed out on the county level with a county judge as the decision maker. Every judge has their own opinions and therefore varying criteria.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:16:03 AM EDT
I understand that, but wouldn't open carry/concieled carry be a state rule where the judge has no discretion on that? Bryan
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:06:29 AM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 2:42:26 PM EDT
Someone has got to know this??!!??
Top Top