Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2001 5:50:26 AM EDT
[center][red][size=5]Take Stock in America[/center][/red][/size=5]

The real target of Osama bin Laden is our economic power and our way of life.  

Support the U.S. economy. Buy stock in American Companies, U.S. Savings Bonds or municipal bonds. Do it today.

Buy U.S. made goods. The job you save may be your own. Boycott goods made in foreign countries that do not support America.

Show the World and Osama bin Laden that America's economy can't be held hostage by terrorists.

Would a MOD please tack this to the top.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#1]
If I could get into my ETrade account I'd be buying right now. I've got a hit list of military oriented stocks that you know will be going up!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:37:18 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have a company matching 401K plan increase your contributions and purchase bonds or your companies stock. Reinvest your dividends.

This is an easy painless way to support America.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:17:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Raytheon (RTN) stock is going nuts, what a surprise. Looks like a good investment to me, especially since one of their officers was killed last Tuesday. I wonder which of their goodies will be in the headlines once the shooting starts.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:25:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Already bought Raytheon and GE.  Switched some money from the bond fund, so I guess gool ol' Uncle Sam will be getting some of the profits.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:34:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Invest in companies that have contributed to the disaster relief funds.

Please post any that you are aware of that I left off the following list.

American Express Foundation
Avon Products
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
IBM
Cisco Foundation
Citigroup Foundation
Computer Associates International
ConAgra Foods, Inc.
Delta Air Lines
Federal Express Corporation
Food Lion, Inc.
General Electric
INRECON, L.L.C.
Lilly Endowment, Inc.
Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse1
Merck & Company
Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Company
Nationwide
Raytheon Company
Sony Corporation of America
Sears, Roebuck and Co.
State Farm Insurance Companies
Target Corporation
Woodmen of the World/Omaha Woodmen Life Insurance

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#6]
KMart should NOT be on the list!  

Despite kissing some ass and giving to the WTC cleanup fund, they are despicable!  They even used the disaster as an excuse for why they do not sell guns or ammunition anymore- OUTRAGE! (Read "Suppressed News") They do not deserve accolades from us or any other freedom loving American.

Personally, my uncle worked in upper level management for them for 19 years and was canned 5 months before he was due to collect his pension.  He has a 5 and a 9 year old, and bills to pay.  He also has to find another job at the age of 55, instead of retiring.  All of this with never a letter of reprimand and always stellar job assesments for 19 years.  

Just thought I would point out that they don't belong on the list- I'm sure there are other rabidly anti-gun companies on your list, but I'll let the others get those.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 2:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]
AT&T should not be on the list either!!!

They also contribute to Anti-Gun organizations!!!

Infact you should find a new phone service!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#8]
AT&T and KMart removed from list. Any others? Any additions?
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:30:59 PM EDT
[#9]
good idea, quick, buy all that shit.  it will ...um,..er make you...happy, thats it...and you will be umm, hurting arabs...yeah, buy now....quick...its the best, we promise.....

sincerely,
the united states government, we're here to help.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I am buying. There are some great bargains out there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#11]
You could add IBM to the list.
DanM
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:29:09 AM EDT
[#12]
IBM added
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#13]
i certainly don't want to be a stick in the mud, but you guys are all playing with fire.

buying stocks has nothing to do with anything! the elites will have you buy their stocks, which have been artificially inflated in price for over 10 years now, so that their phony funds APPEAR to be holding steady in the face of adversity, when in reality, the Dow, Nasdaq, etc. are just now approaching the levels they should have been trading at 3 years ago.

this is just all a continuance of a correction that was BADLY needed to restore reality in the US markets. plus, keep in mind that with disaster looming, and entire industries (airline, .com) tumbling in value, that unemployment is bound to approach 5 1/2%.

spending of all kinds is frozen, if you choose to be patriotic, and buy stocks, then you will only become a poor patriot.

- beware ANYTHING the govt. says!!!!!!
-Walt
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#14]
fattym4: Thanks for your comments.

The stock market is an integral component of the U.S. economy. The economy has withstood other downturns in the past and there is no reason that it won't emerge stronger in weeks to come. America is a strong and resourceful nation.

Do you have a suggestion as to where your money should be invested other then in the stock market or U.S. Savings and municipal bonds?
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 5:06:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Do you have a suggestion as to where your money should be invested other then in the stock market or U.S. Savings and municipal bonds?
View Quote

i sure don't! my point is, don't buy because "they" tell you to - an old wall street addage: "i, the broker, made money. my firm made money, two out of three ain't bad!"

i lost just like everyone else, any extra funds i get, will be saved for war bonds!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top