Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2001 2:52:18 AM EDT
"Unfortunately, some Americans are holding many of Arab descent responsible for the actions of a few. NewsChannel5's Tony Gaskins spoke Sunday with some people in Akron's Arab-American community. It is what many Arab-Americans feared would happen in the wake of the terrorist attack: violence. A car rammed into the front door of an Akron store, and owner Jack Oueslati fears that he has become a target of angry retaliation. "It's very painful right now," Oueslati said. "I wish this never happened. But, come on, what are you going to do? It happened; you have to get over it." Hmm. It hasn't been a week yet and we have to get over it. Anyone else feel the same? BTW I pulled this from the net and it goes on but I thought this was the interesting part.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 3:00:24 AM EDT
I am starting to see this also. People are lossing their anger way to quickly. I am afraid that if the Pres. doesn't act soon he may lose the support of the people. sgtar15
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:18:21 AM EDT
It's the short-term, TV-taught mentality of people. To say people have the attention span of ants is insulting to ants, but it's true. "Yawn...pass the remote, dear- hey- is the game on yet?" (Eye rolling icon here)
Top Top