Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2001 9:12:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Go with the SAR 2.  Cheap Ammo, low recoil, cheap reliable hicaps, can be maintained and uses by anyone with an opposable thumb.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:17:06 PM EDT
[#2]
and to add irony, it is a variant of what you always see sitting behing Osama bin laden.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you say EX-GIRLFRIEND? If so give her a spitwad gun!Just kidding i'd tell her the camp-9 Politically correct well some what and hi-caps are just a phone call away.e-mail me in about 2 or days and i'll give you the phone#. The 30 carbine is a very good choice too. But I have trouble finding trust worthy 30 rounders and hollow points are exspensive and hard to find. other wise i'd recamend that. My X-wife ask me to borrow one of my guns. I told her to get lost but thats a different situation i'm sure. Have you given any thought to a 20ga. shotgun. #5 shot hurts like hell at long distances trust me. but is exstemly effective at closer ranges.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
why not get something like a 12 or 20 gauge shotgun with a shortend barrel and possibly ghost ring sights.  You can feed it low recoil slugs or buckshot.  Ive have seen model 390A1 mossburgs around here for $400 and the Bennelli pumps for around $375.  I  think the shotgun would give her the most stoping power and the best chance of hitting the intended target with the least amount of training.  There simple easy to use and they are effective.  Easy to keep adding shells each time you fire stick another in.  i would invest the time in a combat defensive shotgun class too.  You could use the slugs out to ranges of 50yds as well to.
Other wise i would look into short barreled carbine lever action in a magnum pistol caliber, such as a model 94 winchester or marlin, even the ruger model 96 in a .44 mag or .357 mag.  I would choose the .44 mag since it will hit harder thant the .357.  You dont need the mags just keep sticking them through the gate.  Im suggesting these since there easy to come by and not as obtursive as a lets say AR15(which is what my first choice would be) than a AK or SKS.  But i would use all three, the shotgun i would want regardless what battle carbine i had Ar, ak , sks.   They lever action idea is that there fast and there reliable.  A person can develop to work a lever action really really fast too with enough practice, witch is key you can disable it if you can hit it so lots a practice to, not just poping targets from a bench but tatctical reload and shooting from cover and multiple targets.  Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 9:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with the shotgun. I believe the Mossberg 500A is selling for around $220, in pistol grip configuration.

Easy to use, lots of firepower in a small package, easier to hit with in a stress situation.

Take the time to take her to the range, teach her about firearms safety and then get her to practice, practice, practice
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:52:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:10:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Go with something you can mount some kind of useful optics on for her.  Given your budget, I'd say that leaves out the combloc guns.  You have to buy all kinds of special junk for them just to mount a scope, unless you have one of the AK's with the rail on the side.  They accept combloc optics and mounts right out of the box.Go with one of the pistol caliber carbines, lever or auto, and spend a few bux on mounts and a dot sight or low power scope for her.  The easier it is for her to hit with it, the better it will be.  It doesn't matter how cheap ammo is if she can't score hits with the piece.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I recommend either a Camp 9 (SW59 mags are cheap and plentiful)or the Winchester 94 Lever in either .44 mag or .357 mag.  My wife has both and loves them both.  They are easy to use, low recoil, and controllable.  With the right ammo you have great stopping power too.  In fact, I like shooting them as much as I like my ARs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top