Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2001 4:06:24 PM EDT
DELTA.

SEALS: Given a mission, are ready on a moment's notice. They ask for all the wackiest gizmos and equipment they can get to the battle. Kill a few bad guys and swim home.

RANGERS: Given a mission, are jumping into the battle the next day with just 80lbs. of gear on their person. Blow up a bunch of shit and kill a crapload of bad guys in the process. Helos spirit them home.

DELTA: Given a mission, they ask for $1 million budget to complete task. They fly coach class on American Airlines to the scene, kill the one guy that DESPERATELY needs it, then splits what's left of the $1 mil and vacation for the remainder of the month.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]
No doubt about it? The Delta Force is the meanest on the block. They flew coach.

I flew "Coach" from Houston via Paris to Cameroon and return (with "Fat" Nigerian and Cameroonian women on either side of me). Flew over the Sahara Desert and the Canadian Wilderness.

In Cameroon I was flown in a "French " Helicopter, flown by "French Pilots" in a thunderstorm so bad that we could only see about 2 feet out the windows.

I killed over 100 bottles of rotgut beer.

What does that make me. I survived!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:35:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

SEALS: Given a mission, are ready on a moment's notice. They ask for all the wackiest gizmos and equipment they can get to the battle. Kill a few bad guys and swim home.

View Quote

Gizmo huh? Lemme see, if your primary mission is to gather intel and recon. Would you do it with a piece of paper and a compass? Or would you take some hi-tech gadgets to make your life easier, and more efficient? The greatest misconception about the mission of the SEALs is that they are there to take down the enemy. On the contrary, they are there to gather intel and recon. Secondary is to take on targets of oppurtunity. This mistake was made and became more evident in Panama. The Navy SEALs were given the task to secure an airfield. WRONG!!! That's the Army Rangers job. Would you go to a plumber for a heart bypass, hey he works on tubing does he not?

The SEALs work in a much smaller scale than that the Army Rangers. Bottomline is, its the right tool for the right job. The SEALs do not depend on gadgetry to get the job done, rather to get the job done efficiently. Quick precise strikes are the way SEAL teams operate. They are not there to take down and hold the fort like the Army Ranger. They may come in to recon and test the security(maybe weaken it) of said fort but not there to invade it.

SEAL being the baddest around. No I think not. SEAL being professionals at what they do and do it better than anybody out there? Yes most definitely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top