Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2001 3:27:27 PM EDT
To relax yesterday, I went to a few of the "local" gunstores--not much near the city.  Since there aren't any gunshows near here now that Lake County (anyone know when the next show is?) closed down, I have to make due with the smaller local shops for my fix.

I walked into one, and saw a Beretta shotgun for sale, and didn't think much of it at the time.  I have a 390 with a wood stock/blued finish, and it is a very nice gun. The one for sale was a black synthetic stock/matte finish gun--I believe it is a 390 also (it didn't have the stock pictured on the Beretta website).

I started to have second thoughts about it right after I left. I may go back on Monday and see what model it is.

I am very happy with my 390 for the few times I have shot it, but I am wondering if the 391 is a substantial upgrade from the 390. The 391's I have seen seem to be much more expensive than the 390's. I had thought about getting an O/U in the near future, but the gun I saw was in the low $500 range, and I can find a good, used O/U for $700-800 locally, so I would have 2 nice 12 ga guns for the same price as a new O/U ($1200) runs now.

Any info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go with the Over & Under.  My father bought me a Browning Over & Under for Christmas when I was 12.  Their is something special about them.  I would not trade 10 390's for my Browning.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 5:29:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Morgan,

I had an OK O/U before (a no-name Italian gun) that was not bad.  I sold it to my Brother who likes it quite a bit.  There is no doubt that I will get another O/U--I'm leaning towards a Beretta, just to keep common choke tubes--the question is whether I should spend $800 on a used one or $1200 on a new one.

Thanks

AFARR
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:06:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Go to [url]www.trapshooters.com[/url] and do a search in their discussion thread.

There's not a whole lot of difference between the 390 and the 391, both are considered excellent guns and some people prefer the older 390's handling characteristics.

If you already have a 390 why not go for something different and get aon O/U?  I have two Brownings and a Miroku and they are sweet.  There's no action cycling when you shoot them.  On the other hand, seeing this is AR15 dot com, perhaps you like a little "sproing" when you shoot.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Double barrels for show, gas guns for money.  Only exception might be bunker trap where you need the second shot SOOO fast because the birds come out 85-87 mph.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top