Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2001 9:32:39 AM EDT
Hi , I am a Police Officer and several years ago I bought a "Letterhead" Colt AR15A3 Tactical, model 6721. The rifle IS NOT marked "LE Only" and I have been told by BATF that as long as I was not only buying the rifle for resale and held it for a reasonable period of time to prove this that I can sell this rifle to any legal person. I knew I had bought a rare rifle because within a couple of weeks the rifles my LE buddys were buying are marked " Govt. & LE use only" on the receivers.The most recent issue of Shotgun News (pg 126)has a ad from "Mike G's Weaponry" listing one of these for sell, NIB, but no price. The ad also states "ONLY 134 MADE". I know I could call him and ask price but I try not to waste peoples time if I am not a serious buyer so my questions are : 1) Does anyone know if the number of 134 made is correct ? 2) Value on this rifle in 95% used condition w/ factory blue lable box and all? No , The rifle is not for sell at this time , only seeking info. Thanks for all help. GOD BLESS
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 10:28:38 AM EDT
Para, the ad is correct. Only 134 of these rifles were made prior to the 9/1994 ASW ban. More than 1/2 of those went to Colt employees. The serial number is critical for value. If it is a true pre-ban tactical rifle, the serial number will be BD000134 or below. At 95% condition with the box and all accessories the rifle would be worth approximately $3,500 - $4,000. If the serial number is higher than noted, then it is an LEO rifle only if it has the evil features such as a flash hider and bayonet lug, regardless of whether it is stamped correctly. If the s/n is higher than noted then it must be converted to a post-ban rifle with the evil accessories removed before it can be owned by a non LEO. At that point, it would be worth about $700 - $800.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 3:17:15 PM EDT
Fox, Thanks for your reply. The rifle is at the station right now but when I go back to work Tuesday I will check the serial numbers. Thanks
Top Top