Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2001 5:19:26 AM EDT
Having been around cops all my life (Dad, uncle, and aunt were cops) and working part-time for a Sheriff's Office, I know a lot of stuff confiscated by police ends up going home with them. I never knew even one cop who didn't have a knife he had taken off somebody. Lots of them even had guns they had informally seized. A surprising number of firearms disappear from evidence lockers and then are listed as destroyed, too. Now airport security people are/will be confiscating buckets full of stuff. What happens to all the pocketknives, multitools, grooming accessories, suspicious-looking pens, etc.?
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:01:24 AM EDT
Even though my Uncle used to be a Gaurd at Hartsfield Airport in Atlanta, he showed up to meet my Dad at the gate who was visiting Atlanta and he had left his gun behind, but forgot to leave his extra magazine. The gaurd confiscated it and I am almost definite kept. I also knew a Game Warden who had a half dozen guns confiscated from poachers that he kept, including a very nice Semi-Automatic shotgun.
Top Top