Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2001 2:42:34 AM EDT
Well, its Sun evening, about 2030. It was a busy day. The Prime Minister attended services here in Sydney. Live on the TV. US Embassy swamped with flowers and cards. Condolance books filled to capacity. We care. Its all our futures at stake. In Canberra, services too, but all over Australia it was the offical day of mourning. It was a warm sunny spring weekend (about 76F), and as I layed in my spa outside today, I looked in to the sky noticing the Currawongs calling out, Cockatoos screeching, and the gum trees swaying in a nice warm breeze. I laid ther and contemaplated the future. As you know I am a soldier, a Sergeant in the Engineers. I guess I just want to enjoy my personal peace, while I still have it, as I know we all have a job to do, and I think sooner than later. Even the large Blue Tougue Lizard who lives under my deck was sunnning, as my two Siamese cats sunned themselves too. Cars going by. Children laughing. One would never know the world has changed forever. So the remainder of the time, my wife Nancy, and I watched CNN, FOX, BBC and SkyNews for the latest. Tonight, we are just going to watch a movie, and back to work tomorrow. I hope I awake to some survivors being pulled from the carnage. So, as Australia sleeps, you are in our thoughts. God Bless America, and the Free World! Goodnight Lads 1feral1 Sydney
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 4:19:21 AM EDT
It's always a good feeling to hear from a friend abroad. Thanks & have a peaceful night.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 5:13:43 AM EDT
1feral1, Sounds like Arizona, especially the part about sunning yourself, still a little bit hot here. BE SURE TO post your address if you'll be going anywhere in the near future. Sunday am here and I'm about to take my Aussie shepard 'Trooper' out for a morning run at the south mountian park, it was good to read your posts these last days, makes a guy feel like there are friends over the water. sleep good! [-=(_)=-]
Top Top