Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2001 6:45:28 PM EDT
[b]"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."[/b] [blue]Ernest Hemingway[/blue]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:03:53 PM EDT
Great writer, but something was definitely wrong with him. His short stories are great, I thought about giving extra credit to any student who came up with all the sexual innuendoes in [u]The Cat in the Rain[/u]. Too bad he tried to eat his shotgun. [:(]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:08:53 PM EDT
Yeah. Got kind of an O.Henry twist to the ending.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:32:25 PM EDT
nothing like an old man giving a young bride a wet cat on her honeymoon. [sex] Been a while since I read any O.Henry, I do remember that he started writing while in jail for embezzlement. The only story that I can recall is [u]Gift of the Magi[/u] and in that one the couple got along better than the ones that Hemingway wrote about.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:48:23 PM EDT
Once we have a war, there is only one thing left to do. It must be won. For defeat brings worse things than any that can ever happen in war.---Ernest Hemingway
Link Posted: 9/30/2001 6:58:13 PM EDT
Now I see the Austrailian SAS is there too. You go, Aussies. Imagine our boys in nook & crannies just waiting for that certain turban to pop up.
Top Top