Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 1:56:20 PM EDT
CDNN is selling .357 Magnum Research Desert Eagle Pistol for $650.

10” blue & nickel barrels are available for $130 & $150.

Is this a good buy?
Is this a good Pistol?

Please respond in detail.
Thank you,
Regards,
FRIZ
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#1]
For a .357, you would be better served with a revolver like a Ruger GP-100. The weight of the DE factors out it's semi-auto capability except say the larger magnums. Since all DE's can use conversion kits to also make use of .44 Mag's and .50AE', the frames and barrels are very heavy. I had a waist holster for my DE .44 until I actually tried it out for a day. My pants kept sagging down. I had to switch and buy their shoulder harness, and even then it nearly goes from my arm pit to my waist.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
... yeah, the IMI DE is best suited for the .50EA behemoth.
A good stainless revolver is a better platform for the formidable .357 magnum
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]
get a gold plated desert eagle, a white fur coat some gold jewelry and a brimmed hat with a feather in it
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Fritz,
Village sports has one in .44 mag.  
Give them a call, 847.956.1133
c-rock
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Good buy yes
Good gun hell yes
Good for what? I think it is to heavy to carry hunting in the field. Its alot of fun to shoot at the range and would be nice to keep in the truck for varmits.
I give it a positive rating for fun value but its just not very practical for most uses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top