Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2001 11:52:05 AM EDT
I have had an idea that the plane, a 747, that was lost right offshore from New York a few years ago was no accident. Eye witnesses say that say it hit by a missle. Never was proven but I wonder if it might have been hijacked itself. A fully fueled 747 is a hell of alot bigger than the jets that were used on the WTC.
If this is the case it sure makes sense that someone knew what could happen. Maybe its been tried before and we just were not told about it because of security reasons. Slick Willy left us with our pants down for 8 years. We never get the truth, just what they want us to hear.
I hate to sound like a fruit but what do you guys think. I just want to know if this theory holds water.                                    God Bless America.
My prayers are with the brave people who are still working to try and save some lives in N.Y City and D.C.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:00:59 PM EDT
[#1]
[size=2]... that incident always smelled of a rat[/size=2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I need to remind everyone that when the possibility of terrorism being involved in the crash of TWA 800, even with NUMEROUS accounts of a missile being seen by credible witnesses, MANY people on here were making "tin foil hat" and "black helicopters" comments to those bringing up the subject.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Imbroglio,
You are 100% right about that.
I hope nobody thinks I am a nut for my post but I think there is a connection between what happened on TWA 800 and what happened at the WTC and the Pentagon.
P.S.
If you think people were Scared here in the USA this week just wait untill it happens again. I hate to say it but we are wide open for this kind of thing. God help our leaders to make the right moves to destroy this kind of evil.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:33:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:01:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Paul,
How far out were they when they went down.
My MOS 16S so I know exactly how far a Stinger will travel. If I told you I would have to Kill you. Ha!! Ha!! I don't have any firsthand experience with naval Surface to Air stuff.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SPORTSMANS SUPPLY:
Hey Paul,
How far out were they when they went down.
My MOS 16S so I know exactly how far a Stinger will travel. If I told you I would have to Kill you. Ha!! Ha!! I don't have any firsthand experience with naval Surface to Air stuff.
View Quote

You would have to kill me too because I was involved with the Stinger project at General Dynamics in 1980 (Secret clearance) as well as the Navy Standard Missile SMII Block 2 and others. But lets just say it’s unlikely the Stinger has the range necessary to take out an airliner travelling at full speed above the altitude that... I better shut-up.

Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Mattja,
We both know it was not likely with a Stinger but could it have been a strike from another aircraft. I just don't believe that shit about faulty wiring in the fuel tanks.
Again how far out from the shore was it when it went down??
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#8]
SPORTSMAN, I believe it was 3 miles from shore at 10,000 feet? I'm not totally sure about those figures. I heard that the insulation on those wires was a problem in military aircraft and was replaced. The airlines were in the process of replacing it too, but not at an accelerated rate as they should have been. Pierre Salinger went on a limb in stating he had evidence it was a missile, but he shut-up quickly after saying so and hasn't said anything since. So, I don't know if we'll ever get the truth.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Suppose TWA flight 800 was hijacked.  The terrorists would not have made their move until the plane had gotten near cruising altitude (to avoid an accidental crash).  Between that point and the time of the supposed shoot-down, there would have to have been a radio transmission to let the government know what was happening, then the word would have to have been passed up the chain of command to someone able to make that decision, then orders would have to have been sent back down the chain of command, then a plane or ship would have to have been sent to intercept the airliner.  

I don't think there was enough time for all that to happen.  If the Navy and/or Air Force had standing orders to down all hijacked planes, they wouldn't have been able to keep them secret.

Besides, did the plane make any course changes that would have suggested it was heading back to land to crash into something?  
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:54:18 PM EDT
[#10]
TWA 800 wasnt shot down by anyone.

But was the Egypt Air crash a trial run for this? That is the one that most smells like this, since it turns out that binLaden has a number of Egyptians in his cell.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top