Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2001 8:24:23 AM EDT
A little paranois is healthy. Where is the line?

I told my wife last night, that if I'm anywhere and sombody jumps up and starts yelling "G-d is great" in English or Arabic, they're going to get double-tapped and I'll deal with the consequences later.

Later this afternoon is my 8 year olds first BSA event of the season. A hundred or so little kids and a couple of adults. I've already started giving serious consideration to moving my backup gun from a pocket revolver, to a second 1911 in an IWB holster (It's getting to be coat weather here in PA, I could conceal a shorty AR if I needed to).

And for this outdoor event, I'm thinking I should have an AR15 in the truck, easily accessible, with a half-dozen 30 rounders (that's what those 6 pockets on the case are for, right) ready to go.

My wife runs 63 GSA troops in this area; some of those little girls are now missing parents (a large percentage of my neighbors commute into NYC for work. That's what I did when I first moved here). I'm sure that the Boy Scouts are in the same position. I don't want to see any kids hurt.

My feelings on this whole thing are likely skewed by the fact that I was supposed to be at the WTC on the 11th,resenting at a technology briefing (and scheduled to talk at 10:45). A timing conflict resulted in me not being able to attend.

anyway... Am I just getting carried away?
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#2]
I dunno Paul, I have never been somewhere where someone just jumps up and starts yelling "God is great!"  Guess I don't go to enough Islamic functions.  If someone just started doing that I would have to think bad things were just about to happen and I would at least acquire a sight picture.

No paranoia there, DavidC.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]
"Sight pictures don't kill.
Trigger taps do"

Paranoia may be what keeps us alive form now on out.  Keep your cool and you will comeout on top.....weapon drawn.

|•••|   <---- sight picture.

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:54:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Frank -

My wife normally makes some smart ass comment if she walks into my office and I'm doing something gun related. Last night I was loading up mags for my FAL, with the rifle leaning against the safe behind me. She didn't even comment on it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top