Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2001 6:09:05 PM EDT
...The Truth Slowy Rears Its' Ugly Head....

Saturday, September 15, 2001

DAY OF INFAMY 2001
U.S. sent Afghanistan
$125 million
Washington Is Largest Donor For 2nd Straight Year
By Jon Dougherty

© 2001 WorldNetDaily.com
The United States has sent nearly $125 million in aid to Afghanistan this year, making Washington the country's largest benefactor for the second straight year.

In 2001 alone, Kabul has received $124.2 million from the United States – much of it in food aid. The last installment came in May at the urging of Secretary of State Colin Powell.

At that time, the United States gave $43 million in "humanitarian assistance" to Kabul because Afghanistan was "on the verge of a widespread famine," Powell said.

"If the international community does not take immediate action, countless deaths and terrible tragedy are certain to follow," Powell said.

The package included $28 million worth of wheat from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, $5 million in food commodities and $10 million in "livelihood and food security" programs, both from the U.S. Agency for International Development.

The United Nations distributed the aid in May, bypassing the country's ruling Taliban militia.

However, after last Tuesday's terrorist attacks against the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, Washington's attitude toward the Taliban militia government of Afghanistan is likely to change.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=24495
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#1]
The problem is that our politicians think everyone is like them: FOR SALE.

Instead they take our money and laugh.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:24:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, well.  We complain about the politicians and media politicizing this event and raise hell at those that say we deserve it, but on this board we have people doing exactly both of those things.  The fact that Washington gave money to the Taliban is irrelevent at this point as are all the assholes that say we deserved this and making excuses for the terrorists.

There is no excuse and no justification for this.  We need to make someone pay with their very existence and anything else is just self serving bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, lets not stop now.  Lets donate about US$1BILLION to Afghanistan in nukes.  Maybe throw in another billion for cruise missles. We will deliver the payload!  Enjoy!  

[rocket]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#4]
You are right, of course, Larry G. However, it can not be overlooked that our politicians think that they can simply buy everyone off. Didn't work.

FWIW, I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is so don't flame me too hot. Oh hell, I've got an asbestos jockstrap, anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top