Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/14/2001 6:00:18 PM EDT
A Publically-accesible Internet Site may not be the best place to tell the world..or anyone who can dial-up the site...about military activations and reserve call-ups. Don't help our enemies by posting where you've been called up..or where yourt being deployed. God Bless you in the coming weeks..but for now....think about not posting any military info on-line if your in the reserves or active duty. We are at war, leaks can kill. God Bless, and Take Care!
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:06:24 PM EDT
Tell that to CNN and every other news agency
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:32:18 PM EDT
The new media is already doing a good job at giving intel to our enemies. Hell they don't need their own CIA type, they have CNN and we pay for it. I think there should be a media black out in time like these. Remeber Desert storm? I set my VCR to tape cause it was started too early for me to watch the bombing. Boy was I glad CNN gave the exact time or else I would've missed it all. it was nice of em show our troops loading the planes so that our enemies can get an accurate head count.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:34:29 PM EDT
Oh and lets not forget them giving our blood supply status. I seem to recall talks when I was in the military that that subject was suppose to be classified. Or maybe the military's ploy to give the enemy two left feet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 6:36:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lordtrader: The new media is already doing a good job at giving intel to our enemies. Hell they don't need their own CIA type, they have CNN and we pay for it. I think there should be a media black out in time like these. Remeber Desert storm? I set my VCR to tape cause it was started too early for me to watch the bombing. Boy was I glad CNN gave the exact time or else I would've missed it all. it was nice of em show our troops loading the planes so that our enemies can get an accurate head count.
View Quote
Oh, yeah when I was in Saudi during Desert Storm we called it Classified News Network!
Top Top