User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 4:24:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
...but some folks in the US are going to get there civil liberties infringed on a little.  SO BE IT!!
View Quote

just so long as it isn't yours, right?????? [V]
View Quote

Yeah, let's wait until the casualty count reaches the millions before we take any pre-emptive action. [:(!]
View Quote

believe you me, i understand the concern.  but if they're U.S. citizens, they get the full complement of American liberties.  period.

the minute anyone starts taking away the rights of U.S. citizens, is the minute we have ceased being the United States of America.  Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.  who is anyone in this country to take away those things from another person based ON THEIR SKIN COLOR????????????????????  or their religious preference???????????????

edited 'cause i thought of something else.  we're going to lose more people.  i think it's inevitable.  and as sure as the sun rises in the east, the terrorists will find ways to do it.  regardless of the new airport/plane regulations.  regardless of our military action agaist any guilty parties.  regardless of what we do with people of a different skin color or a different religion.  

what the hell ever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?  and if you think that sacrificing human liberties to protect the innocents from any [b]potential[/b] future harm is justification for that, then you might as well just hand over all your firearms to the nearest ATF or FBI office because that is [i]exactly[/i] the argument the antis use when trying to kill the 2nd amendment and our RKBA.  and you would be as guilty of un-American actions as they.

just my pennies.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]
shooter69:

My apologies for overgeneralizing.  You are correct: Muslims (along with other denominations) come in all flavors from patriots to traitors to terrorists (some being in this country right now).

My comments may have been melodramatic but I was responding in kind to the ideas of some that Muslims in this country should be interned into concentration camps to foster safety in this nation.

The "bad apples," as you put it, need to be torn from the tree but I would hope that the tree itself would not be uprooted in the process.

Most Americans have, indeed, never experienced anything like this.  

This American included.

Not only must most Muslims try & deal with the outrage that has occurred in NY, Washington, & PA, but we must also look over our shoulders now from animals that would harm us from overseas (Al Quaid/Osama Bin Laden) & those who would harm us that are from here.

Another Muslim has been shot & killed in Ft. Worth, TX.

Its a sad & dangerous situation for all in this country & I would concur with ARLady that events such as this will probably occur again.  "They" have declared their war upon us & we must respond in kind.

I hope they will not & I truly hope & pray that President Bushs' Administration can smoke out these bastards worldwide & exterminate them like the cockroaches that they are.

We need to lift our policy against assasinations & put an end to these people who have no soul & have ice water in their veins.  They are true evil.  

I can assure that I & many others I know have NO sympathy for the terrorists or the people that sympathize with them or harbor them here & abroad.  If the choice is America or Islam my choice is America.  I need only myself to pray to my God.  I do not require a Mosque, a church or any other fellow souls to be closer to my God.  I certainly do not need to engage in a "holy war" to do so...despite what some on this board may believe.

God Bless America.

Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:26:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Definitely reminds me of The Siege....life imitates art...unfortunately.

View Quote

Terrible movie. I was really expecting more. I mean some FBI agent arresting a General in command of an area under martial law? Please
View Quote

I thought it was OK...good entertainment & it is Hollywood so I don't expect too much other than that I can forget about reality for a couple of hours.

Martial law occurs, I would suspect that the Military would be in charge & override any other agency, but I'm no expert on this.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top