Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2001 5:03:19 AM EDT
The attack was on US soil, against civilians.  With the Military preparing for an extended campaign, and national guard units being prepared for activation, wouldn't this be a good time for the states to begin "regulating" their civilian militia's?

The professional Military and police forces will become pre-occupied with hunting terrorists and managing crisis situations.  The police will become less available to respond to everyday crimes and emergencies.  IF REGULATED, the militia could be called on to help with crowd control, guarding supplies, etc..  This should be considered on a local level first (through deputizing citizens), then at the state level (though commissioning of officers).  

"Militia" carries a negative connotation to many, but it could come to be a source of security and relief in troubled times.  What do you all think about petitioning our local and state officials to take the initial steps to begin regulating a formal militia?

Richardson
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:10:45 AM EDT
[#1]
DUDE -

The militia IS activated.

Our contry has been attacked. Each day it becomes more clear that the "professional" soldiers are gonna be overseas in a long, protractred campaign.

WE are the "home guard." We ARE activated.

But I get your point.

Hows 'bout we say it this way - Isn't it about time the states RECOGNIZE that we need formalized training, and get on the ball???
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
g-man - it would awesome if that actually
happened.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:22:14 AM EDT
[#3]
[i]We are the militia![/i]

[url]http://www.hardwarestoreinc.com/thecampaign.htm[/url]

[b]Molon Labe![/b]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:36:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Contact your Governor and tell him not to forget that the unorganized militia still exists.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:53:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Contact your Governor and tell him not to forget that the unorganized militia still exists.
View Quote

EXACTLY.  Although we are the milita, we are unorganized and untrained (i.e. "un-regulated").  Right now we're being told to "leave it to the professionals".  What option do they have?  If we were regulated, we would be considered an option.

Let's petition our Governors to remind them that we exist and that we need to be organized and trained in order to be used.  Let's contact our local police chief and recommend that they begin a process of deputization so that we are prepared for crisis in our locality.

Richardson
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:55:55 AM EDT
[#6]
The people on the airplanes that crashed into the WTC left it to the professionals, look what happened to them.

Time for me to start driving around in my SUV with my AR prominently in the back window.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top