Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2001 4:36:10 AM EDT
The Syracuse, NY gun show scheduled for this weekend has been cancelled.

No reason given other than the ongoing terrorist activity.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:49:31 AM EDT
[#1]
The gunshow organizer was calling the ~280 dealers yesterday to inform them of the decision. Many drive in from out of state. Vendors are able to set up for the show normally this afternoon for a Saturday AM opening. From what I read in the paper this morning, it was purely based on an emotional decision by the organizer.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:54:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Fair enough, I am going to miss meeting you guys though.

I think a proper tribute to the people who died and America herself would have been me dropping 5k or so at the show and buying as many weapons as I could stuff in my SUV.

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:56:33 AM EDT
[#3]
My shoot is still going on, although I haven't talked with everyone yet to set up a time.

I have some "special" targets prepared.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:56:56 AM EDT
[#4]
The Wimp. The just needed to tell everyone that they couldn't sell knives I guess.

You guys can fly on down to Texas. We're having a gun show in the Astro Arena. Oh wait, I guess you'll have to drive. Damnit.

And don't anybody give me any of that Reliant crap, it will always be the Astro Arena to me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:59:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Special targets, eh?

I'm looking forward to 'em (I'm bringing a few of my own [}:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top