Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 10:32:46 PM EDT
If you're in the Military,Govt. or Law Enforcement you should know what this means. Don't give them anything to work with.It's easy to get get caught up in wanting to be important or let others know what's going on, but remember what you talk about can get you or others killed("LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS").  

Colt-653
Out
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:12:29 AM EDT
[#1]
btt... cause this should be
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 4:44:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:03:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Like the old posters say: The M1 does my talking.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 5:08:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

...or the M1A1.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#5]
All I'm going to say is that CNN (as always) and FOXNEWS is for the most part is a good source of news.  I'd say they're about a half a day or so behind what is actually going on.

It's very hard not to talk about what you know but as Colt said.... "Loose lips sink ships!"
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT- No more detailed SITREPS. We're at WAR. You may want to keep people informed, but you're not helping anyone in the long run. When  the SHTF we'll all know, so until it does please keep troop movements and Military activity on the QT.

Thanks

Colt-653
Out  
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:50:00 PM EDT
[#7]
... What? Huh? Where? When? Who? Hehehe
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

You got the idea......  But this is no laughing matter.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#9]
^^^
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:25:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:31:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You got the idea......  But this is no laughing matter.
View Quote

... it wasn't intended to be funny
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey GoatBoy, is that code for the release of a chemical/biological weapon??  LOL
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

...or the M1A1.
View Quote

...or an AR15.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Those of us that know, know better. Casual observations of things seen on CNN or from the local newspapers don't hurt a thing.

"John has a long mustache"

"Mary has cooked an apple pie"
View Quote

you cannot forget about "Chair is aganst the wall!".
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I for one am a member of a super douper top secret organization that has been called up. Me and agent 99 will be headed on Tues. to Afghanistan errr I mean Ohio. A number of other CONTROL agents have been activated as well.

Sincerely

Lordtrader
AKA Maxwell Smart
AKA Agent 86
And would you believe the best looking guy on this board.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Lordtrader!  Activate your Cone of Silence, now!
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#18]
There are ducks in the pond... Repeat, There are ducks [i]on[/i] the pond.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#19]
The military is mobilizing? What for? [;)]

For those behind the lines:

The Red Sox have beat the Yankees in the World Series.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I don't know about everywhere else, but when my Guard unit was called up during the Kosovo campaign, we found out about if from the the unit announcing it to the media first.  I figure that kind of info is safe.  No more, no less.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#22]
If you think that the doesnt go online and do searches...dude you are dead wrong.

Being a NYC Police Officer at ground zero for the last 5 days, I have heard rumors start between cops and firemen working, starting as just a whisper, and hearing about it on the radio just a few hours later as "This Just In" or "Exclusive".  

No shit, the morning Bush came into the scene, things started as "He shouldnt come here.  What if they try to get him?  All of NYC south of 14 street is closed off, and all the builings are empty.  A sniper could be anywhere!"

An hour later we had descriptions of armed terrorists that had slipped into the frozen zone and were there to take the shot.

No shit, one hour.   What you say does get around.  If you have an idea of how they can pull something off, then keep it to yourself....You just might give them the idea that they needed.

No matter how crazy/impossible/outrageous your idea sounds...it could work, just look what happened Tuesday...what were the fucking chances that they could pull off what they did?  What were the fucking chances??  But they somehow got lucky and pulled it off.

Im sure that fucker Bin Laden himself was surprised at their 3 out of 4 sucess rate.  I doubt they actually thought they would do that much damage.

Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:15:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I don't know about everywhere else, but when my Guard unit was called up during the Kosovo campaign, we found out about if from the the unit announcing it to the media first.  I figure that kind of info is safe.  No more, no less.
View Quote

Sounds a lot like my tour in Korea - if you wanted to know when you were going to the field, where you'd be going, and for how long, you just went into the ville and asked Field Ma, because she knew before battalion S3 did!
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Loose lips shink ships.  Pass it on...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Cucumbers walk, very, very softly....

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Hunduh-

First, let me thank you for your service during this last week.  You have my gratitude and respect.  I hope you got some rest this weekend.

Second, let me clarify what I said earlier.  My point was, that I only consider myself at liberty to discus military operational information that has already been PUBLICLY announced through OFFICIAL channels.  When I see our unit Public Affairs officer on the news telling what our unit is doing (or not doing) then it ain't a secret anymore.  My wife even understands "need to know" and doesn't push it beyond that.

Stay strong and be safe.  Our prayers are with you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2001 7:01:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds a lot like my tour in Korea - if you wanted to know when you were going to the field, where you'd be going, and for how long, you just went into the ville and asked Field Ma, because she knew before battalion S3 did!
View Quote

And that was before cable!  What about the Gulf War when the White House's response to inquiries by the press was "We don't know yet, we're waiting to see it on CNN just like everyone else".
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:04:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top