Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 5:34:07 PM EDT
It just hit me.  First night, a news crew snuck down to the WTC and the flags were still flying.  And one of them was the UN flag.
Can someone explain why?

Thanks

David
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It seems to be in style to fly the old blue and white. Last year I saw a KFC with mini nation flags around the roof along with one from the UN.

Actually the UN is the lead organization of the NWO which is basically defined as global economic interdependence, the WTC being a shining example.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Only a liberal would stick their meddling nose in and spout off profanity.

He asked a question, I answered it to the best of my abilities.

If you want to continue talking about bombing whoever go start your own thread.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I would imagine that the UN is helping coordinate the recovery and clean-up of the site.  I've heard that the UN has pledged 5,000 of the now familiar blue-helmeted Indonesian and Nigerian troops to supervise the civilian rescue effort.

We should be grateful for their generous assistance.  Just think how well any rescue and recovery operation would function if the UN would always lend its vast expertise.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:51:46 PM EDT
[#4]
If the UN wants to commit resources to moving rubble and debris...thanks. We need all the help we can get.  hats off to ya!

They can kiss off if they think we need their security help.

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]
The UN sucks about 95 percent of the time.  But there's maybe 5 percent of the time it's OK and this just might be one of those times.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:17:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I have told people that if the UN didn't help us in this, that we should definatley pull out.  I'm not praising them as they have not impressed me with anything that they have ever done, but give them a chance.  Maybe they'll wake up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:26:35 PM EDT
[#7]
SWS,  I should have been more exact.  This flag was not in "New" condition.

Imbroglio, you arguing with yourself?

Either way, thanks all for the info.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Imbroglio, you arguing with yourself?

Either way, thanks all for the info.
View Quote

No.  There was a rather vulgar post that was appearently removed.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:52:35 PM EDT
[#9]
This may make some people mad, and NO I am not trying to stir shit up. The UN had a VERY large presence in the WTC. This to me makes no difference, and I in no way shape or form take any pleasure in it.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Seems to me the blue helmets have been pretty quiet in terms of offering assistance...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top