Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2001 6:07:45 AM EDT
36+ hours working straight so far.  I'm glad to get back home to loved ones and to get a couple hours of sleep before I go back to "ground zero".

First off, I cannot even begin to tell you the horror of actually being there.  I have never been in a war before but I imagine this to be very very close.  

My prayers go out to all victims' families, especially to the Firefighters - "NY's Bravest" and Police Officers - "NY's Finest" that lost their lives during the collapse.  Many good people died doing their jobs, deceased police officers are being found with their flashlights still on and I'm still unable to find out if friends/co-workers made it out.  Please people, do the right thing and say a prayer, make donations, or simply say "thank you" to anyone in the emergency services. God Bless us all...

Police Officer Ray Quindara
NYPD - 5th Pct., "Chinatown"
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:09:51 AM EDT
[#1]
can somebody do me a favor and post this in "General Discussion" as well...I'm too busy crying right now.

Take care everyone
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:34:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Thread originally in LEGP Forum, moved at the request of WaveRunner.

[b]God Bless America's Finest![/b]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:34:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad you are OK!!!! Sherm too, has anyone heard from NYSHOOTER?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:37:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you WAVERUNNER!

Eric The(ThankingGodInHeaven!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:39:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Ray, let us know if your family needs anything, money, food, anything to keep you out there, ok?

Just ask, it is yours.

Bill Marcy
607-271-9522
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:44:14 AM EDT
[#7]
[b]Godspeed to New York's Finest[/b]

Robert Ioan, Pilot
US Airways B-737
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:49:18 AM EDT
[#8]
God Bless You Waverunner, and everyone else out there.  Ditto what hielo said.

hielo, send me an e-mail if I can help from VA.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:52:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I am glad to see you made it & I am very sorry about your friends/colleagues.

But for the grace of God, it could have been you/us in our cities nation wide.

Stay safe & God bless.

"In the simple performance of duty,

he pinned on a badge,

checked his gear with a practiced eye,

and kissed his loved ones good-bye.

In the simple performance of duty,

he reported for work,

joked with his buddies at roll call,

and made his last trip down the squadroom hall.

he answered the call

to help the helpless, to find the lost,

no matter the danger or how great the cost.

he lay down his life,

for those in peril he tried to save,

our brave friend went to his grave.

we honor his deed,

as we carry him to rest in a flag-draped casket,

long after the world has forgotten, we shall never forget.

Never judge or regret, what he did, In the simple performance of duty."

http://www.mixi.com/~thantos/poem02.htm

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:00:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Good to see your post.

Hope NYshooter and so many that are still lost are too, hoping for the best...

No one but you can ever express the things you went trough, but know that the work you and your collegues did and are doing deserves the utmost respect.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:07:04 AM EDT
[#11]
God Bless you and yours Waverunner.

It's good to have you back friend.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:19:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Wave:

With all of the wars fought and the lives lost since the founding of these United States of America, no men have ever been so courageous as those that you are fortunate to call your co-workers!

Our hearts and tears pour out to you fine men and women honerable enough to voluntarilly wear a uniform for the city of New York.

Yes, hundreds of thousand of brave men and women have given their lives in line of duty for our military, but none had the opportunity to punch a timeclock and quit at days end, or to simply walk off the job... You keep going back on your own free will, to honor not only your fallen brothers and sisters, or your community, but because it's in you.  You will forever carry what most of us can only imagine in our worst nightmares, but will thankfully never be forced to see...

You sir, are America!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:43:09 AM EDT
[#14]
THANK YOU!

GOD BLESS NY FINEST!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:43:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Good to have you back.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Thank you all for your support and words of encouragement. I would honestly give anything to ease the pain of the thousands in mourning.  I also want to personally thank all the visiting Police and Fire Departments, our Brothers/Sisters, that made the trip to NYC, immediately without even being asked to stand by our sides.  I have never been more proud to be a police officer than I am now.

There are ways to help, my best suggestion is to watch your local TV stations as they always have phone #'s that you can make donations at.

If you are more local and can get to NYC, it is possible to volunteer your efforts. Donations of food (to feed the hungry cops, firemen, national guardsmen, volunteers, etc.) are greatly appreciated in the burough of Manhattan South. I'll try to find out more info on that, maybe the other NY board members can help me with that???

BTW - everything south of 14th ST in Manhattan IS CLOSED except to emergency personnel so be advised if you plan on doing a surprise visit to my Pct. to meet me you'll simply be turned away.

Once again, thank you to all...I must somehow get some sleep and then get back in there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#18]
You and all the others working there have my prayers and uttermost respect.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:04:18 AM EDT
[#19]
We're all very glad to hear that you're safe, and we mourn and pray for those who lost their lives trying to save others.

Thank God we have "the Finest" and "the Bravest" when we need them.

Freedom isn't free
Semper Fidelis
Jarhead out.
[img]http://www.inetnow.net/~kudzukid/enlemblem.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:10:04 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Glad your ok.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:21:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Glad to hear you are OK and truly sorry for the lost NYPD and FDNY who gave their lives.  Will definately have everyone in my prayers.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Our prayers go out to you, your family and your coworkers.
Even tho we have never met, you still feel like family.
God Bless,
ms embroidery & westendg
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#24]
You done good Wav.
Hang in there bro.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and all our brave men and women trying to get this situation under control.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Good to hear you are ok Waverunner. Thanks for the great job you guys are doing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:26:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Ray:

Aside from having immediate thoughts about those who lost their lives in the initial moments of this attack you were the first person I thought of when things went from bad to much, much worse.

Initially there was an outpouring of requests for information over both your safety and NYShooters.

You guys are family.............we are all family on this board.

A prayer was answered by God when I learned of your survival.  Hopefully NYShooter will fare as well.

Thank you for your heroic service not only to those who have been injured and those who perished but also to America for you and others of your caliber and stature represent the very very best that our country has to offer.

I, as your brother, salute you as a true American Hero!

God Bless you and your family Ray.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#27]
I rejoice on your safe return.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#28]
You da man Waverunner.  Thank you, hang in there and God bless you and yours and America.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Good job Waverunner.  I hope eventually you can pass along what you saw--we all need to know the type of anaimals we are up against.  

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#30]
I just got back from driving back from Orlando.

When I saw this on the TV at the airport, the first thing I thought is that your precinct had to be close & you must have been there quickly.

Glad you are OK as can be.

Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:53:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm back from a "short day" at work...17.5 hours at ground zero.  My efforts pale in comparison to the construction workers and volunteers who have literally gone nonstop since this disaster started. Let us all not forget to thank them.  

Please realize that my emotions(as well as EVERYONE ELSE'S) are on a roller-coaster right now.  One second I'm experiencing incredible joy to hear survivors are found to extreme sadness when more body bags are ordered over police radio.  

I just wanted to let everyone know one story that I'm not sure has gotten out yet but brings about incredible anger to me: a deceased Police Officer was found WITHOUT his badge or firearm, there are people out there that are actually looting the bodies at the scene of this tragedy! Please stay away from NYC if your intentions are twisted, the authorities here(NYPD, NYFD, FBI, CIA, visiting PD's, National Guardsmen, Construction Workers, JoeAverage Good Citizen) will catch you and make an example of you and I'll be the first in a very long line. OK time for me to report back to work...

God Bless Us All
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 11:10:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for the update Waverunner, and your work in what must be a un-thinkable task. Stay safe.

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:00:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:23:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Ray -

You and your colleagues are the first heroes of this war. God Bless you and all of the other Police, Fire, and other personnel working this rescue. Be safe.

The looters will burn in hell even if they don't get shot in the process first.

We are forever indebted to you.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#36]
[beer] you da man!
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Our prayers HAVE been answered !!!

Ray, YOU are alive...God to continue to bless us all and make us Stronger.

The Job is not done yet...more prayers going out. [:(]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 1:35:17 PM EDT
[#39]
God Bless you and your loved ones Ray.

We thank you and everyone across the country working so diligently and selflessly.

All of the Queens Astoria Greeks send their heartfelt thank you's to you and the rest of NY's Finest

LilRhody
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 4:02:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:44:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Ray, not much I can bring to words right now except to say...

Thank you.

I'm in EMS here in Pa and am chomping at the bit to do something. There must be a lot of folks showing up, up there cause we're getting repeated announcements over EMS and Fire freq's that NYC does not need additional help.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 7:46:17 PM EDT
[#42]
G*d Bless you and all of those workers in this diaster.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 11:00:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes, there are plenty of emergency service personnel here.  Thank you to all those that are willing to come down but aren't because of the sheer # of ESP's already here.  The brotherhood is truly amazing.

Time to get back to my precinct now and "ground zero". All NYPD personel are working either 0400 X 1600 or 1600 X 0400 tours, but that does not mean we're leaving after 12 hours of work...

Take care.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top