Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2001 11:51:18 PM EDT
A friend of mine that I work with is of Palestinian decent who came over in middle 1970's. He happens to be a Christian, yes there are Christian Palestinians. He is a friend whom I would trust with my life. He is married to an American women and has two daughters. He has been a NRA member. He is one of the most kindest persons I have ever met and would fight along side of us if we had to.

The problem is today I went to work and I really did not know what to say to him. I could see the pain in his face, but he hid it as best he could. He almost seemed embarrassed, saddened, alone , and disgusted all at once. We did not even talk about the WTC. It almost seemed as if he was afraid I would turn my back on him or shun him because he is of Palestinian decent. He really seemed like he wanted to talk about it, but either of us did not know how to bring up the subject.

I shared this because I kind of wanted to put a human face on it.I want payback as much as anyone, but I want it directed at those responsible directly or indirectly. My friend has the personality, morality,and character that makes him good American Citizen and he is of Palestinian decent.

No Slack!

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:17:25 AM EDT
[#1]
He must be Coptic, one of the original five branches of Christianity. Most were swallowed up by Islam in the middle ages. I guarantee that Coptic's weren't celebrating in Palestine and will probably come under religious attack in their homeland. I hope no one tries to lash out at him or his family.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:34:35 AM EDT
[#2]
It is sickening for your friend, who is just as American as everyone else, to even have to worry about getting attacked by self-defined "patriots".

It is a sad fact that everytime the U.S. gets in a conflict with a country with a non-caucasian looking population the racists come storming out of their closets.

I hate to see what is going to happen to those Americans of Asian descent when the U.S. goes to war with China.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 6:23:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I could see the pain in his face, but he hid it as best he could. He almost seemed embarrassed, saddened, alone , and disgusted all at once.

View Quote

Him and every other American.

My friend has the personality, morality,and character that makes him a good American Citizen ........
View Quote

Then treat him as such. It seems you have begun to treat him the way you are afraid you might. So stop it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:00:42 AM EDT
[#4]
As a Jew, you can tell your friend that friends and real people did not do this, it was a faction using terrorism for their own means.
Israel could care less if you are Islamic or Christian. It is those that try to disrupt or kill. Does it matter eho runs Israel?
There are many Christians and Muslims  in tyhe government of Israel. Just like the United States. But who runs the terror groups.
Your friend is a not an enemy of Israel or the jewish people. Tell him ethat we can all get together and pick on the Democrats
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 7:19:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Please tell him that I will pray for his safety.
Love him like you will/would anyone else.
-Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top