Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2001 6:13:50 PM EDT
Sick of those hollow politcal words that don't mean S*&^.  We need to get some juice or shut up.

My top three:

1) Coalition
2) Condem
3) Denounce

Yours?

Zaz
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
zaz....it ain`t words, but the FACES OF THE DEAD......man they do this every time....BASTARDS.....friggin` Barbara walters......they have to "mediaize" everything......personally I feel bad enough....don`t want to see those people.......
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Anything that "Hollywoodizes" a bad situation.

they did it during the Gulf war and they're doing it now.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#3]
no, our goverment is throwing this crap around to.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:21:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anything that "Hollywoodizes" a bad situation.

they did it during the Gulf war and they're doing it now.

View Quote
                                              I was looking for a better word...thanks...
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Kamikaze
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:35:21 PM EDT
[#6]
"cowardly terrorist acts"
Committing suicide attacks might be insane, evil, despicable, immoral, mis-guided, or even downright plain stupid(among many other things), but one thing it's definitely NOT is cowardly; That's the terrorist's biggest advantage, he's willing and ready to die for his beliefs(that's FAR from cowardly; have to give them that much)  
                   [:(!]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Diplomatic channels
Diplomatic solutions
Diplomatic F*cking anything!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, suicide bombing is cowardly. So is suicide. Instead of trying to fix a problem, you give up. Instead of making your country/ cause better, you give up and take people with you. This is as cowardly as the guy who shot up mcdonalds and lubbys. Sure, they off themselves, and took a lot of people with them, but does that make them brave?

Nope, it just makes them deranged.

And my 'tired of' phrase is 'tragedy'. Yes, the deaths are a tragedy, but the vile act is what we should be talking about. The act that caused the tragedy.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#9]
come together
unite as a people
stand together
steadfast

I watched it happen naturally on it's own without some VERBAL FELLATIO from from every politician and the president.

I may be a little jaded but I think I'd like to see the following phrases....

the terrorist training compound is now a crater
long prison terms
death penalty

Just a few of them.

Sherm
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Our Democracy, our Democracy, our Democracy.

We are a REPUBLIC with a guaranteed republican form of goverment, not a democracy.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:31:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"cowardly terrorist acts"
Committing suicide attacks might be insane, evil, despicable, immoral, mis-guided, or even downright plain stupid(among many other things), but one thing it's definitely NOT is cowardly; That's the terrorist's biggest advantage, he's willing and ready to die for his beliefs(that's FAR from cowardly; have to give them that much)  
                   [:(!]
View Quote

Right on. How many of you would fly a plane head on into a building to advance your political causes?
Ignore the morals of it. Would you have the balls to steer a plane down with you in it?

Not cowardice, EVIL.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:34:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, suicide bombing is cowardly. So is suicide. Instead of trying to fix a problem, you give up. Instead of making your country/ cause better, you give up and take people with you. This is as cowardly as the guy who shot up mcdonalds and lubbys. Sure, they off themselves, and took a lot of people with them, but does that make them brave?

Nope, it just makes them deranged.
View Quote

Never said they were "brave"(or even sane), just that they weren't cowards; suicide bombing might not be admirable to sane, rational people, but it still takes big-time balls(even most deranged fanatics still have the basic urge to live, IMHO).  This is NOT meant as a flame, but refusing to even consider that they possibly maybe aren't "cowards" just shows that your personal moral values won't allow you to believe otherwise.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:41:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Let's talk about questions/phrases the media is using.

"Senator, do you have any estimates as to the number feared dead after the tragedy at the pentagon?"

Fucking media wants numbers.  It's all they've wanted to know since the first plane hit.  I'm sick and tired of hearing them talk about numbers.  They are trying to turn people, subsequently their deaths, into a statistic and it sickens me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is NOT meant as a flame, but refusing to even consider that they possibly maybe aren't "cowards" just shows that your personal moral values won't allow you to believe otherwise.
View Quote

Gen. George S. Patton Jr.: Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

As long as patton and I agree on it, I see no need to question my statement.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 8:13:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Bush has no "gravitas".  That's kind of old, but for a while, all the talking heads were spouting it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 10:46:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Senator Hillary Clinton........ Need I say more?
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:51:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I am sick of how they always get some catchy slogan along with graphics and title music whenever there is a tragedy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:58:26 AM EDT
[#18]
If I hear them use the phrase "ground zero" one more time, I'm gonna nuke somebody.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:09:49 AM EDT
[#19]
assault rifle

automatic pistol

My million moron sister refers to my LEGP as a "machine gun". Refuses to be in the same house as it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:39:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Hijack.

They cab't say "chemical" without putting "toxic" in front of it.  When was the last time you heard "rifle" without "assault"?

Blkberd, I'm with you.  "ground zero"

Also tired of "airport security."  What we've been putting up with for the past twenty years hasn't worked, so we're going to add more.

Keeping free people, even the pilots, from carrying guns doesn't stop terrorists from comandeering airplanes.

Norm
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 4:44:36 AM EDT
[#21]
"Police armed with machine guns"

"plastic guns"

"people panic buying bullets"
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:01:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Not really tired of it, but it is very funny.

"Armed SWAT team members wearing full metal jackets."

Hahaha, makes me laugh!

Ian [<]:)]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:13:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If I hear them use the phrase "ground zero" one more time, I'm gonna nuke somebody.
View Quote

Honestly, I said the same exact thing while watching it on TV and hearing it on the radio. Then I went into NYC and down to "ground zero" and sat there for about twelve hours. It's the only applicable phrase I could use to even come close to verbally describe what it looks like. And even then, it still lacs a lot.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 5:45:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Went to work last night and we had the radio tuned into a news station in case any new news was made available. Basically, news radio stations just repeat the same news every 15 minutes or so but I was really getting sick of hearing how the white house confirmed "The White House and Airforce One were targets".
Maybe they were but is that the best news they could come up with. Maybe they were targets but were they hit? No, so get over it.

I'm also sick of hearing people bitch about the president not flying straight back to DC after it all started. Quite frankly, I think he went back too soon. All that was required of him was to be available to assure the nation that anything that could be done was being done. That's what the television and radio are for.

Also, I can't stand hearing the reporters hounding people on the scene by asking them the same questions over and over again. If they have a question to ask then ask it and move on. That blonde asshole from MSNBC was hounding one guy yesterday after they evacuated everyone when a 3rd building was going to fall.
Did they evac everyone because the building was going to fall? Yes
Why did they evac you? Building falling
Did you leave your tools behind? Yes
Why? Building falling
What did they say to you when they started evacing people from the scene? Building Falling
Is that the way they said it? Not exactly, they said the F#@%ing building is going to fall
So, are they evacing everyone from the scene? Yes
Why? Building Falling

I was waiting for the guy to slap the shit out of her!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#25]
1. International
2. Diplomacy

ARnSC
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#26]
.."make no mistake..."

lets go get them already!
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#27]
"Now Mr husband/wife/mother/father/friend of victim can you tell us how it felt when you saw the airplane carrying your loved one vaporize itself into the side of the WTC?"

Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:14:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Im tired of hearing the reporters say "It looks like a war zone down here" or say something about the destroyed fire trucks, police cars, blown out windows and say it looks like "it went through a war zone."

I got news for them; IT IS A WAR ZONE, you morrons. The country was attacked. Wake up and stop trying to get the grieving family members on TV, to ask them stupid questions. We all are grieving. We all are angry. Tell me something I don't already know or feel.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#29]
"Seeking a sense of closure"

[puke]
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#30]
"HumInt"

I got real tired, real quick of Jenning's using the abbreviation for human intelligence - that and the fact that his country let the tangos into North America in the first place.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:40:06 PM EDT
[#31]
This one is yet to come:

Healing

as in:

"Healing Process"
"Nation starts to heal"

I will heal when our troops return home, parade through streets of New York with bin Laden's head on a pike.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I hate the body count ticker on the bottom of the T.V. screen. One is too many.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:47:12 PM EDT
[#33]
"Not be quick to condemn" - self righteous imbeciles.

"What freedoms do the American People need to give up?" - As if we had [b]too much freedom[/b]

[rolleyes]

"Forgive those who persecute you" and "Turn the other cheek" - ignorant fools who don't understand the difference between personnal virtue and National Security.

I swear if I go to church this Sunday and hear the Bible misquoted one more time, I will start a new one...  "Church of God and Guns" sound good?
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Senator Clinton and Schumer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#35]
"doomed", especially as in "the doomed aircraft". . . .
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:42:10 PM EDT
[#36]
How about the purpose of Bush's trip to WTC - to "hug and cry" with the victims.  He needs to slap around whoever came up with that one.

Reagan never would have said that.

How about some words I want to hear from Bush- words like "vengeance" , and phrases like, "if we can't be loved, we will settle for being feared."  
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I just hate the media, so just about everything out of their mouths is getting on my nerves right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top