Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2001 3:35:10 PM EDT
...........supported by Osama bin Laden and the al-Queda.

Bin Laden and the al-Queda also the supported those poor Kosovar Albanians (KLA) in their fight for freedom.

So NOW do you Bubbas understand who these "freedom fighters" in Chechnya and Kosovo were????!!!

DaMan
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Bin Laden and the al-Queda also the supported those poor Kosovar Albanians (KLA) in their fight for freedom.

So NOW do you Bubbas understand who these "freedom fighters" in Chechnya and Kosovo were????!!!

DaMan
View Quote

yeah.  i do.  they were the enemies of Bin Laden's enemy.  hence, they were his ally.  it's not too hard to figure out.  we call Israel our ally and yet we give millions of dollars to Arafat and his PLA.  it isn't as black and white as you'd like to paint it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:42:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

DaMan
View Quote

And the KLA did a masterful job of manipuilating the US into attacking the Serbs . . .
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
When this anti-terrorist war heats up, you can bet Osama will be getting help from his Albanian brothers to launch attacks against Europe and the Peace keepers.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#4]
ARLady, millions to Arafat..... a big mistake!

But 3 BILLION PLUS dollars in foreign aid to Israel (PER YEAR) is even a bigger mistake!

Remember, a billion is a thousand million!

Call me an isolationist, but America first!

DaMan  
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ARLady, millions to Arafat..... a big mistake!

But 3 BILLION PLUS dollars in foreign aid to Israel (PER YEAR) is even a bigger mistake!

Remember, a billion is a thousand million!

Call me an isolationist, but America first!

DaMan  
View Quote

i agree with you on AMerica first.  i was just saying that today it isn't all that cut and dry.  enemies aren't enemies.  look at china.  

Bin Laden will support anyone if he thinks he gets more in return.  he would support American interests if in the long run it made it tht much easier to attack us, or if it meant that thousands of more Americans will die than if he didn't help.

and you can have an America First mentality and still support others.  i assure you that Bin Laden has a "me first, Islam first" mentality.  the end justifies the mean in his mind.

if you think american dollars to Israel are wrong, don't bitch about it here.  write your reps.  isolationism is find until you've not only alienated your enemies, you find that you've also alienated your allies.  and where are you then?
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#6]
ARLady, some allies are more like parasites than friends.  Sure..., even the parasites hope the host will survive...... but this is only to insure THEIR OWN SURVIVAL!

DaMan

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes, Garand_Shooter!  We supported bin Laden and the Taliban in Afghanistan.

We also voiced objections to Soviet/Russian action in Chechnya (twice).

And we certainly supported the Kosovar Albanians!

Now the chickens have come home to roost!

DaMan

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#9]

"Capitalism"... "find out where there is money to be made and get behind it. Who give a $hit about democracy. Lie to the ignorant American public and keep them from finding out the Russians wiped out thousands of Chechens, gassed the mofos..with U.S. help."  Then cross the fence and called the other side freedom fighters and make a profit of them as well."  ahhhhh...  "Captalism" you gotta love it. There's no profit to be made in peace time and the U.S. has already used up their front row discount tickets with Samosa, the Sandanistas, Noriega, the Contras, Daniel Ortega, Bautista, Torrios, Kaddafy,  Iran, ... they are kind of out of season at the moment but the list goes on.    I almost forgot... not....we also supported some guy named Saddam Husseyn at one time, but we all know he doesn't compare to Osama don't we.
And one keeps wondering why they hate the U.S. so.

To summarize , "freedom fighters" .. a very relative and subjective term. But, isn't everything?

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#10]
NOW...... Shall we discuss the Northern Alliance "freedom fighters"????!!!!

DaMan
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Drowned.
One source inside Konduz told CNN that about 60 Chechens fighting alongside the Taliban drowned themselves in the Amu River rather than give up.
View Quote

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/asiapcf/central/11/18/ret.konduz.surrounded/index.html[/url]
View Quote

Damn! ...... I'm shocked! You mean these Chechen "freedom fighters" were on the side of the Taliban??!!!!

Holy smokes!  The next thing you are going to tell me is that Kosovar Albanians are also terrorists! [:0]

But, please ......please tell me the various factions of the Northern Front are the GOOD GUYS!

DaMan  

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:41:30 PM EDT
[#12]
DaMan, at least the Northern Alliance is the generally recognized government of the Afghan.  The Northern Alliance is also killing our enemies so they pass at least that "good guy" test.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
DaMan, at least the Northern Alliance is the generally recognized government of the Afghan.
View Quote

The generally recognized government of the Afghan?????!!!!!

Do you know who the Northern Alliance is made up of????!!!  Thought not!

DaMan
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:48:33 PM EDT
[#14]
One man's freedom fighters are another man's terrorist.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:07:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Supporting Isreal is also in the US's best interests.

1) We have a true ally in the Middle East. Beleive me, no matter how you feel about Jordan et al. we can never full count on them.

2) If the Cities of Jeruselam and Betlahem were to fall, there would be a repeat of what the Taliban did to Buddhists, this time only to Christians and Jews.

3) Isreal does their best to protect Americans visiting Christian and Jewish Holy sites. We can never trust the Palestinians to do that. Anybody remember what happened to the tourists at Luxor, Egypt. 60 something American tourists were massacred by Jyhad Militants in a Muslim Country.

4) Isreal is a shinning light for Firearms freedom. No other country besides maybe Switzerland gives their people M16-A1s and allows unlimited ownership by Law-Abiding citizens of any firearm they want.

5) Isreal is a shinning example of Military stregth. Any people that can fight off 5 countries at one time to gain their independence, then fight off the same 5 countries sveral more times and not be swayed by incessant Attacks gets my vote.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

1) We have a true ally in the Middle East. Beleive me, no matter how you feel about Jordan et al. we can never full count on them.

2) If the Cities of Jeruselam and Betlahem were to fall, there would be a repeat of what the Taliban did to Buddhists, this time only to Christians and Jews.

3) Isreal does their best to protect Americans visiting Christian and Jewish Holy sites. We can never trust the Palestinians to do that. Anybody remember what happened to the tourists at Luxor, Egypt. 60 something American tourists were massacred by Jyhad Militants in a Muslim Country.

4) Isreal is a shinning light for Firearms freedom. No other country besides maybe Switzerland gives their people M16-A1s and allows unlimited ownership by Law-Abiding citizens of any firearm they want.

5) Isreal is a shinning example of Military stregth. Any people that can fight off 5 countries at one time to gain their independence, then fight off the same 5 countries sveral more times and not be swayed by incessant Attacks gets my vote.
View Quote

cc48510, since you feel so strongly, please send YOUR money and children to fight!

DaMan  
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Guys;

Time to watch our politicians on what they do...

But we need to really kick these Terrorist butts!  Whatever it takes to take care of the matter.. If we lose on this one, the world as we see will end.  

I do not know about you guys, but we can not feel safe outside as an American.  

We feed people who are starving and getting displaced and try to bring stability and eliminate terrorism and we still get blamed now for everything that is happening to those people.  Even when the Tali's do not accept UN food and supplies to the camps on their side!

Our service man risk their lives to do the drops and all these Brit Media and some of ours blame our bombing for it ...  If the Northern Alliance frees these areas, they are looked upon as bad guys.  You got to remember when they ruled before the Talis, they were also under a lot of pressure from those who wanted tough Moslem laws to apply to people and if they did not allow so they were threatened to break away and fight them.  Well, they (NA)were kicked out and you saw what kind of shit the Talis bought about!  Remember no Northern Alliance, we would have had to have LOTS of ground Troops!  The Northern Alliance always wanted our help but we ignored them until the battle came to our land! Do you think if the Talis were winning they would be good to NA ?  These reporters make me puke sometimes!  You see most of them think they are doing a great job when you can see they are just interested in getting ANY thing that makes news, do not matter if it is wrong or right, and then they add their nice little comments (touch) to what they KNOW it is hoping they make people see their way.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:29:08 PM EDT
[#18]
On the line of Brit Media, it was an interesting point on BBC they informed that the Gun Sales were up by 50 % , showed some foreign looking women wanting to buy a Gun as almost to tell if foreign background people might feel not secured, and then point out that American People do not feel the Government can take care of their people or protect them.  Also then after some clip of showing at an indoor range a couple of women shooting pistols and make a comment that they fail to see how these Guns would save then against terrorists!  They miss the point completely that when Shit happens the Law Enforcement can not be every where and that is why one needs to protect their homes and families with that GUN!  They are so used to in their own system that they can not think for themselves!  They forget it is us individuals who want to protect ourselves and be part of solution before we get the Big Government to protect us - The Govt.'s JOB is to protect our country and borders!  Let us protect our homes and family!  Also they mentioned we have also a gun for every American.  I like that idea though..May Allah and many other GODs rain doodo on them for many years!

Also if Gun Sales were really up by that much... We would be rich!  Be able to give away a free case of Q3131A to everyone who buys one Ar15!  
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Saw Stormin Norman a while back and his advice was to "Kill 'em all and let God sort 'em out."
Sounds like a winner to me.
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 9:41:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Innocent Albanian's? Gotta keep the drug trade going! There was and is alot more than what the press brings to the eye.
DaMan
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/23/2001 11:15:47 PM EDT
[#21]
And yes, the US still continues to support the Albanian TMK - the "legal" equivalent of the KLA/UCK which was "outlawed" during my 2000 Kosovo rotation. The TMK which often tried to instigate Serb civilians continues to recieve support from the US including weapons cleaning supplies, etc. for their "humanitarian" mission. Also, the US went into Macedonia not long ago to rescue KLA guerrillas causing anarchy in Macedonia. Neither side is right in my opinion - but we do not belong in the Balkans.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:10:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Yes, Garand_Shooter!  We supported bin Laden and the Taliban in Afghanistan.

We also voiced objections to Soviet/Russian action in Chechnya (twice).

And we certainly supported the Kosovar Albanians!

Now the chickens have come home to roost!

DaMan

View Quote

Let's not get carried away here. Most of the Taliban leadership were teenagers when the Russians came. We supported a broad afghan resistance movement, mainly made up of guerilla leaders like Masood and Haq (both recently murdered by the Taliban), who were never interested in attacking the USA for real or imagined injustices to the Palestinians, Iraqi people or Muslim holy places - only their own country. The Taliban came to power - with the support of the Pakistanis, which gave them a massive edge - years after the russians left and our aid ceased. Bin Laden was just some rich guy who never saw any action (in the rear with the gear), but clearly made the most of his associations to develop his future plans.

As to the Chechnya situation and our misguided support of the KLA (who completely betrayed their macedonian neighbors & hosts) you are 100% on the money.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#23]
DAMAN, sorry but I don't know how to cut'n paste.
Your comment asking "Do you(me) know who the Northern Alliance is made up of ??" And then you answer for me "Thought not."

Yes I do know the general make-up of the Northern Alliance but that has nothing to do with the fact the Northern Alliance is the generally recognized government of Afghanistan.

Seldom reported in the news it is my belief  the Northern Alliance is the generally recognized government of Afghanistan.

The Taliban was recognized only by Pakistan and the Arabians.

DaMan debate is an important part of this group but don't provide my answers.  I assure you I am capable.
[;D]
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#24]
We helped Ho Chi Min fight the Japenese during WWII. Go figure.
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#25]
DaMan, I already send my money in the form of Tax Dollars. The US Government is sending my tax dollars to Isreal and I have no problem with it. I don't like taxation, but its alot better than spending it to get Ted Kennedy a Thai Hooker. I don't have any kids of my own, but if the day came that Isreal fell, I would volunteer to fight the Palestinians and THAT IS NOT A BOAST. Read your bible sometime, especially focus on Exodus and Revelations. Exodus begins the story of the Isrealites and their claims to Isreal. Revelations talks about the end times. If Isreal were to fall, the whole world would be screwed. Let's not forget Armogeddon is an actual city outside of Haifa, Isreal.

Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

cc48510, since you feel so strongly, please send YOUR money and children to fight!

DaMan  
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 2:42:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
DAMAN, sorry but I don't know how to cut'n paste.
Your comment asking "Do you(me) know who the Northern Alliance is made up of ??" And then you answer for me "Thought not."

Yes I do know the general make-up of the Northern Alliance but that has nothing to do with the fact the Northern Alliance is the generally recognized government of Afghanistan.

Seldom reported in the news it is my belief  the Northern Alliance is the generally recognized government of Afghanistan.

The Taliban was recognized only by Pakistan and the Arabians.

DaMan debate is an important part of this group but don't provide my answers.  I assure you I am capable.
[;D]
View Quote

Hey, "5Sublr", I opened this topic because it was pertinent and accurate!

WHERE ARE MY FACTS WRONG?

DaMan
Link Posted: 11/24/2001 3:05:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Your fact are wrong because they don't go along with the current brand of conservative political correctness. Oh ya, and you didn't say "let's roll" at least once in any of your posts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top