Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/12/2001 10:21:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 10:23:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Big_Bear: Gun and flag sales peaked across Central Florida as defiant, fearful residents rushed to arm themselves Tuesday and display their patriotism. Many were first-time buyers, some not even knowing how to load their weapons. more... [url]http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-locguns12091201sep12.story?coll=orl%2Dhome%2Dheadlines[/url]
View Quote
All hope for this country is not totally gone. The light is dim, but not completely out yet.[:D]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 10:30:59 AM EDT
Well then allot of people will finally see how important it is to be armed to defend our selves. Good for them....
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:25:37 AM EDT
I just hope these first time buyers, who didn't even know how to load the firearm, take the time to 1. Get proper training 2. Learn the safety rules 3. and Practice, Practice, Practice [pistol]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:33:50 AM EDT
I had friends call me yesterday and wanted to know if they could barrow a gun if needed. These are people that normally would not keep a gun in the house. My how things change. I figure that the range will be very crowded this weekend. Simper Fi Bill
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:54:33 AM EDT
These knuckleheads should have already owned flags and guns.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:05:56 PM EDT
The flamboyant owner of Don's Guns in Indianapolis, Don Davis, was quoted in today's [u]Indianapolis Star[/u] as saying he sold 45 guns yesterday. That is the amount he normally sells in a week.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:11:47 PM EDT
was told by teh local Vegas shops that many guns are being sold as a result as well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:29:54 PM EDT
Hell I always had a gun since I was old enough to own one, and always will! I'd use a Wrist Rocked with stones if I had too. Which I do own as well!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:31:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:32:30 PM EDT
Everything was real quiet around my place last nite [:D]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:41:27 PM EDT
Well, had to go out and buy a flag today. Sadly, very few places are stocking them because the "Patriotic Holidays" are over for the year. Found some at the *ack* Lowe's *cough*...and figured, I'd rather show my patriotism than to try and make a point about Lowe's anti-gun comments on their website (which was removed swiftly). GOD BLESS AMERICA...and give us the grace to kick some serious ass!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 12:59:02 PM EDT
Why doesnt a gun store give out a free flag with every gun purchase? Kharn
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:15:16 PM EDT
You guys been out and about lately? Been to the grocery store since yesterday? Construction site across the way and there's been so much whoopin' and hollerin' and honking horns it sounds like downtown on a Friday night. Let's just say there is a rather significant segment that aren't very remorseful about current events.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:27:08 PM EDT
Here's what I did after I saw the second plane hit on TV: 1) Went to the supermarket and bought all the boxed milk and baby formula I could carry. 2) Went home and loaded every AR mag in sight. 3) Went to the gas station and filled up my emergency tanks. Good thing, too. By the afternoon: no milk, lines at the pump. Overreaction? Maybe. But I was afraid it was going to continue raining jets and that commerce would be affected. With two little girls, you don't take chances. Oh, yeah... I put my flag out, too.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:30:58 PM EDT
Originally Posted By shadowjack1: I had friends call me yesterday and wanted to know if they could barrow a gun if needed. These are people that normally would not keep a gun in the house. My how things change.
View Quote
Now that's funny!!! The very same thing happened to me during the LA Riots. My next-door neighbors had three Volvos parked in their driveway, all with "Clinton/Gore" bumper stickers. In the 6 years they lived there, they spoke to me approx. 3 times. Other than that, I know they used to go out of their way to avoid me ever since they found out that I had guns. But when the riots started, there was a nice, friendly knock at my door. Both the husband and wife (she never even spoke to me once until then) were there, trying to make small talk about this terrible situation and what I was going to do. (We could see the smoke from the fires and looting from where we were.) Naturally, I told them that I had a bunch of guns of all different types loaded up and ready for action to shoot any rioters that ventured on my street. That's when they dropped the bombshell.... The husband asked meekly if it would be possible to borrow a gun from me until the riots were over. I told them that gee, I don't know - state law isn't real good when it comes to lending out guns. Besides, they just got that brand new Volvo 760, so they must be doing pretty good - why don't they just go up to the gun store and buy one? Surely they can afford to spend $300. That's when I heard the wife's voice for the first time ever. She got all excited and yelled "We went there yesterday and they said we have to wait 15 days before we can pick it up!!!" From the looks on their faces these 2 people were obviously in a panic. I started to laugh and said "The Democrats have been shoving these horrible gun laws down our throats for years. You voted for them, you deal with it!!!" SLAM!! went my front door. These two basically hid in their house until the riots were over. And they never did speak to me again. Like I care.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:33:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/12/2001 1:33:20 PM EDT by garandman]
Steel_Rat - EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!! I got NO pity who get exactly what they want - a gun free society. Well, that is, except for the criminals.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:49:41 PM EDT
This doesn't matter, the republic is lost, you are all liberals, you see only what you want to, blah dee blah blah blah.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:55:09 PM EDT
Let's see. Gain an ally or gain an enemy? After letting him know that it was the Demonazis that kept him from protecting himself and his wife, I would have given him the gun safety lecture and let him borrow something to protect himself with. You might have made at least one ally in the fight against Cali's insane gun controll laws.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:11:33 PM EDT
ELEFTARIA -- Good one. That's the best idea I've seen in a long time. "A free gun with every flag purchase". That would work. The only thing I would add would be a 1/2 certificate for training at a local range with a completion certificate needed to pick up your free gun.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:37:52 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GodBlessTexas: Let's see. Gain an ally or gain an enemy? After letting him know that it was the Demonazis that kept him from protecting himself and his wife, I would have given him the gun safety lecture and let him borrow something to protect himself with. You might have made at least one ally in the fight against Cali's insane gun controll laws.
View Quote
...And add to that, reminded them everytime issues of gun control came up that they too felt vulnerable due to the already established BS red tape lest they forget. It's better to have made them an ally than alienate them as he obviously did. We are, after all, fellow Americans even with our differences in opinions. Notice the "setting aside" of differences going on now in this time of need.. Rick
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 2:40:06 PM EDT
I likewise, would have suggested that they buy their own gun. In response to the wive's comments about the waiting period, I would have politely pointed the finger at anti gun laws and their supporters. My next smarta$$ step, would be to ask them to wait outside the door while I got something for them. I would return with a gun on my side, and two tennis rackets for them. To close, I would ask them to remember this day, the next time they are aksed to support anti gun laws.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:28:35 PM EDT
Originally Posted By GodBlessTexas: Let's see. Gain an ally or gain an enemy? After letting him know that it was the Demonazis that kept him from protecting himself and his wife, I would have given him the gun safety lecture and let him borrow something to protect himself with. You might have made at least one ally in the fight against Cali's insane gun controll laws.
View Quote
I really doubt that. These people were sooooooooo Leftist that I felt if I made it too easy on them, then the message wouldn't sink in and after the riots they'd go right back to their commie/pinko ways. But the fact that they spent several days cowering in fear inside their house while the rest of us went about our normal lives (armed) made a much bigger impact. Besides, I really wanted to drive home the point to them that I was going to abide by all the laws they supported even if that meant they were no longer safe. But don't worry - I lent out a lot of guns for the riots. One of the most interesting was a cute girl up the street named Anna. She was Lebanese and spoke with an accent, living in the US on a Green Card. She was really nice and polite, and had her own interior decorating business. Every time we spoke she was a sweetheart. I was kind of surprised when she came over and asked if she could borrow a gun. I told her I didn't mind, but did she have experience with guns? Had she ever shot one before? She replied "In Lebanon I had an AK." So I gave her an AK. [:D] After the riots she brought it back, along with the mags and ammo and said thanks, then invited me over to her house where she had some friends over. They were mostly Lebanese and we hate dinner, drank that really thick Lebanese coffee (made espresso look like decaf!!), and swapped riot stories. Too bad all my neighbors aren't like that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 3:46:30 PM EDT
Speaking of guns and flags(in that order for a reason). . . A local sporting goods store in Orem Utah is selling all of its guns at cost plus $20.00 and giving away flags w/ the purchase. The sale is being titled; "Gun Goldrush"-This is why I love living in patriotic Utah and going to BYU! My prayers go out to every American and I hope that the we as a nation will develop a collective backbone and stand up and fight!
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:18:48 PM EDT
Purchased a 20' flag pole and American Flag at the NY state fair Labor Day weekend. It was delivered today. It will be flying at 1/2 mast on Sunday. It will take that long to get the hole dug, cement mixed and poured then set.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:35:34 PM EDT
no flag poles allowed here. the city gov't. (jupiter, FL)just made a Vet remove his, since it violated the homeowners assn rules. seems that "homeowners" weren't satisfied with that-they took him to court and demanded that the judge fine him for every day the flag was flying as a separate violation. just another boil that needs to be lanced in this great country.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 4:41:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:18:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:23:28 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FL_BOY: no flag poles allowed here. the city gov't. (jupiter, FL)just made a Vet remove his, since it violated the homeowners assn rules. seems that "homeowners" weren't satisfied with that-they took him to court and demanded that the judge fine him for every day the flag was flying as a separate violation. just another boil that needs to be lanced in this great country.
View Quote
These homeowners are a disgrace to their country. I wish pain on no innocent living being, however people of their integrity (or lack thereof) do not deserve freedom or democracy. Let them suffer and waste in the cold plains of Siberia.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:35:03 PM EDT
I can see their point. A planned community depends on property values. If one person flys a flag it could decrease the asthetic beauty of their neigborhood. On second thought, f'Em. Somebody needs to go over and kick them in the nuts.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 5:47:26 PM EDT
Our HA prohibits poles set in concrete in front, but encourages flag poles mounted directly to the house. That's good enough for me, but the local stores are sold out of flag kits.... I think it's kind of odd for the rush on guns. After all, it's not that kind of war. I really don't see Bin Lauden's cronies marching down the street. If they attacked say a resturant using firearms, then those with CCWs would retaliate, but CCW holders already have guns. On the other hand, if these new buyers also go for the proper training and obtain CCW permits, then that makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:45:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By BYU: Speaking of guns and flags(in that order for a reason). . . A local sporting goods store in Orem Utah is selling all of its guns at cost plus $20.00 and giving away flags w/ the purchase. The sale is being titled; "Gun Goldrush"-This is why I love living in patriotic Utah and going to BYU! My prayers go out to every American and I hope that the we as a nation will develop a collective backbone and stand up and fight!
View Quote
If Texas ever goes left, I'm definitely moving to Utah. I've got a few friends already in SLC. God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:48:44 AM EDT
On the radio this morning they were saying that it's just about impossible to purchase a flag here in Houston. Every place is sold out. Guns and ammo are starting to sell briskly. Gas prices have stayed normal, and everything seems to be calm God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 9:51:31 AM EDT
It just kinda annoys me (to put it mildly) that people gotta die for so many of our countrymen to support our flag, or their Second Amendment rights. Every other day of the week they are too busy metaphorically burning the flag, and belittling the Second. Oh well, screw 'em I guess. Its always been true that 20% of the people do 80% of the work.
Link Posted: 9/13/2001 1:12:45 PM EDT
Army surplus store was out, found a flag at sears, 3x5 feet with 4 of the little hand held ones. put the big one in my front window, 2 of the little ones on my apartment's backside windows, and 2 on my rear car door windows
Top Top