Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 9:26:59 PM EDT
Just heard this off WABC radio: in an ABC poll, 66% of americans would support giving up liberties to "crack down" on terrorism.
Hope Bush has the balls not to fall to this temptation.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:04:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I have to admit one of the first things I thought of when listening to the news media break the WTC attack this morning was "well, this will be all the excuse Big Brother will need now, and the sheeple will go happily along". God I hope not, at least Klinton isn't still in office and Bore didn't win the election. I bet even alot of the liberal weinnies are glad we got a Republican in the White House right now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:08:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll believe a poll like that when it's taken a month after today. For now a lot of people are not thinking too clearly!

Besides, when is essential liberty a debateable issue?

Eric The(Calm,Mostly)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 1:14:16 AM EDT
[#4]
First, about Polls.
I am all for a law requiring any polls taken to list; how many individuals were questioned, what area(s) of the country  were involved, and prohibit any claim that implies that the results represent anything other than those individuals feelings. I'm sick of the pollsters saying, "Americans overwhelmingly ....." , based on a few hundred or even thousand opinions.

There's no doubt in my mind that this tragedy will NOT "wake-up" America to anything other than the feeling that the government isn't doing enough to protect us, and we need more stringent laws so the Feds and States can conquer evil.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top