Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2001 8:53:32 PM EDT
There have been reports on the news of people in certain parts of the Middle East celebrating these disasters in America.  They're dancing in the streets and shooting off their weapons.  

Fine.  They're entitled to their opinion.  However, President Bush should shut off their lights.

Over Baghdad in the Gulf War, we used Air Launched Cruise Missiles (ALCM) with special warheads to shut down all the electricity in the city for several days.  These had spools of carbon fiber in the warheads.  The carbon fiber flies out, drapes over electrical lines or gets into generators, and shorts out the system.  The stuff is a pain the clean up because its light and keeps blowing around (and re-shorting out the system).  

The Baghdad ALCM were launched from B-52s that took off from Louisanna on the longest bombing mission ever.  No allies to ask for cooperation.  All US all the way.    

It would be inappropriate to send explosive warheads on people who are merely celebrating our misfortune.  (High explosive is, of course, the perfect greeting for those who caused our misfortune.)  

However, if they want to celebrate our misfortune, we should turn out their lights as an object lesson.

Remember the families of the dead and injured in your prayers.  Don't forget to include the rescue workers who live with the memories of thousands of bodies.  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:56:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Hehe, the only problem is that they were launched from B-52s, and I'm not sure if the big bombers are even used anymore...
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#3]
B-52's still very much in the inventory and still flying.  (And will still be flying for some time to come.)

Warheads are not chaff but little spools of carbon fiber.  Although it doesn't make any difference what it is if it works -- and these do work.

Don't know if we still have any of these warheads left.  Hard to believe in these days of "less-lethal" weapons we don't have at least a few sitting around.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:44:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Do any of them even have electricity in their nasty fukken sandbox? and if so would they even notice in the middle of all their goat-fucking and bomb-lobbing that it went out?
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 6:59:34 AM EDT
[#5]
The problem with wanting to bomb many of the terrorist supporting countries "back to the stoneage" is that it's not a very long trip for most of them. They're not called 3rd world countries for nothing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:04:38 AM EDT
[#6]
What is required here is all out war, not a few cruise missile strikes. If we don't do this now we will soon realize far worse. I'm all for getting it done now.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Fuel Air Explosive
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:34:20 AM EDT
[#8]
don't get me wrong.  As soon as we find out who did this, who harbored and aided them and where they are located, I am fully in favor of cruise missiles with explosive warheads, Marine Expeditionary Forces, carrier air wings and all of the rest of our military might.  

These anti-electricity warheads are just to turn out the lights on people who celebrate our misfortunes.  A warning if you like and a promise of what's to come when we find out the facts.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 9:58:22 AM EDT
[#9]
"Chaff" as applied to electronic warefare is made up of strands of fiberglass / carbon fiber / kevlar that are impregnated with aluminum. It is the aluminum that gives it the "zap" both in the air (radar) and on the ground (powered lines).

I don't want conventional weapons, I want sub launched ICBM's with "packages". I want it televised live on TV for the whole world to see.

Wipe them off the face of the earth, every last one of them. Let only history remember their names.
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 10:05:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top