Seriously want to know, not trying to start a
flame fest.

I do not envey those responsibe for
these atrocities.They will soon see what
it is like to have the full military power
of the greatest nation in the world brought
to bear on them.May no quarter be given,no
mercy granted....they must be made an example
of so others will not be so bold in the future.

Also my thoughs and prayers go out to the
families of those that were lost,truly this
is one of the darkest days in American history.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably because of the antiaircraft missiles around the White House.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:35:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The plane that crashed in Penn. had already made a u-turn and was on the way to Washington.

Imagine seeing the Capitol explode on live TV. Or even the White House. The moral of the nation would have taken a huge hit.

I doubt the missiles would have made a difference. You would then have large hunks of plane raining down all over the DC area. It would have even added more to the chaos.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:41:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Probably because of the antiaircraft missiles around the White House.
View Quote

Thanks RIK,but was'nt the Pentagon also
protected from aircraft? Or was it hit
because it is in a airport's flight path and
a plane would not be expected of malicious
intentions until it was already to late?
I assume the White House or Capitol building
does not interfere with flight paths therefore
a plane would have to move off course and
a red flag would be thrown up sooner.

Correct?
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:52:32 PM EDT
[#5]
The second WTC plane was to give time for the media and emergency crews to get there. They wanted more terror.
WTC is a symbol of money and The Pentagon is our military. The PA jet was for the capital or White House.
I have a tear for that crew in particular.... I think they as an act of courage, caused the crash.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Right.  Taking out WTC puts a very big dent in the nation's financial institutions.  My Bank of America ATM card doesn't work anymore after the WTC hit.  Entire companies in the building are completely dead.  Financial institutions headquartered in that area are also crippled.  Then there's also the added damage to the other surrounding facilities and WTC's closenes to various stock and securities exchanges.  The pentagon is a given.  Attempt to cripple the armed forces as much as possible, or at least distract them.  It could possibly be a prelude to something more, though I pray it's not.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#7]
It was symbolic. Politicians come and go. But the WTC represents Americas financial might. The Pentagon represents our military might. They wished to show that they could attack and humble those two symbols of American power.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:22:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Gentlemen,
Just imagine a few concealed weapon permit carriers on each of those flights....
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gentlemen,
Just imagine a few concealed weapon permit carriers on each of those flights....
View Quote

An old skymarshal would have been nice.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 10:03:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Probably the flight, who knows, that crashed in Penn was headed for the white house or cap., and the pilot just didnt let it happen.
GG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top